Spinal headache after spinal tap

Posted , 2 users are following.

Friday morning i got a spinal tap checking for ms. Saturday morning started of the spinal headache by 4pm it was really bad only relief was to lie flat.. went to er spoke to anesthesiaologist he said i should try therapy at home by drinking fluida, caffine, n motrin around the clock.. I woke up today with stiff neck n the horrible headache an hour after i took 2 motrin the headache disappear ed.. but am i just masking the headache by taking the motrin.. or is it going away. Im scared to get the blood patch.. but I guess I will see how I feel in the morning n then go back to er for the patch.. how long does this take to go away? N am i in any danger with it leaking in my back for this long?

Any help im scared

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you better ? I did blood patch and it did not work. Curious how this played out?
    • Posted

I went back to er.. got blood patch first one didn't take. Went back to er a day later they admitted me did a second blood patch n it worked.. now recovery from back pain from blood patches

• Posted

Congrats. There is hope. Here in North Carolina I am told they won't do a second one. We will see about that I guess.

• Posted

Nope. Very frustrating. I started acupuncture today. I am hoping eastern medicine is more effective than this western stuff. The doctor told me to call back in 10 days. Nothing like feeling the love.
    • Posted

Wow.. so what there doing is hoping it Heals on it's own.. they told me that was an option too.. but I was suffering pretty bad.. nothings gonna help until the fluid stops leaking n the fluid is back to normal.. they should be giving u the second one.. why make suffer for 10 days.. that's rough.. I suffer ed for 7 days total that was enough for me..I hope u get better soon. Keep me updated

• Posted

The theory is that the risk of infection is high and if the first Patch did not work The second one has a reduced chance of success. In short the risk of meningitis scares of them and their lawyers. I am not in agony per se but it has stopped my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.