Spinal stenosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had surgery for spinal stenosis ? In the new year I will have injections to relieve the pain and later in the year have surgery to ease the pressure on the spinal cord. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Haven't had the surgery but I have the same thing!  Had 2 injections that got rid of the sciatic pain and helped relieve the leg cramps at night.  I fell on Thanksgiving and I'm dealing with a bunch of pain in my back now.  Not sure what to do about it now!  When you have your surgery I sure would like to find out how it went!  Asked my chiropractor if they were to do surgery where would it be and he told me he didn't know cause my whole back is a mess!

keep posted and good luck!

• Posted

Hello Buckeyes

I used to go to a chiropractor who said I needed treatment twice a week for a year. He never mentioned spinal stenosis but a physiotherapist did

which lead me to get an MRI. Unfortunately the chiropractor was only interested in his own bank balance, not my health. When I saw the MRI it was obviously not a chiropractic issue. I could see the spinal cord pinched in four places. Before I have surgery I'm having injections at a pain clinic recommended by a close friend. 

• Posted

We have a close friend who is a chiropractor and I felt the treatments weren't working.  I was in so much pain I made an appointment with ortho on my own!  Found out I had stenosis, scoliosis, bulging and herniated discs and degenerative disc disease!  Had the injections which actually helped but since my fall I feel like I'm back to square one!  Good luck with yours!  I think the doctors try to avoid surgery if possible offering the injections first!
    • Posted

What is the injections please?

I've had surgery but now physio says she can't do anything with me. Gutted.

• Posted

The injections are steroids injected into your spine.  It is supposed to relieve inflammation.  They used some kind of X-ray to guide the injections so they could hit the right spots.  You are numbed first so it isn't extremely uncomfortable.  
  • Posted

I've started the injections for spinal stenosis and will be having them every week.

Not sure how many I will need before I feel any improvement. There were no side effects following the injections but the doctor told me I might not need surgery if the 

treatment goes well. I';ll keep everyone posted. Alpine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.