Spinal stenosis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Spinal stenosis , bulged l4, I was told back 2003 that I had two herniated discs l4 l5 ... now the doctors say l4 is bulged..I have been in pain since April 30 I'm off of both.my job as of last week when the sciatic pain got really bad..

Can't sleep can't lie down can't walk can't sit pain has been relentless and night no opiods have helped gabapentin had not help ...got an epidural need June 10t nothing improved got a facet need in the back Wednesday an no relief... I scream in pain all night ..been to emergency ...tired percocet hydromorphone and some oxyneo stuff nothing has taken the pain away...help me plesseee..I scream all night pain is do bad...10 -13 hours straight..it's relentless...it calms down during the day to a lesser level but it's still there and I feel it I can do anything

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hospital gave me a coctail of hydromorphone 3 advil 2 Tylenol take every 4 to 7 hrs...they rather drug me up than treat the pain....no opiods are helping ...so far week 3 on gabapentin 3 pills a day along wit naproxen ...nothing has helped
  • Posted

Hospital gave me a coctail of hydromorphone 3 advil 2 Tylenol take every 4 to 7 hrs...they rather drug me up than treat the pain....no opiods are helping ...so far week 3 on gabapentin 3 pills a day along wit naproxen ...nothing has helped ...I want my leg amputated because I'm in major pain 24 7 ..

I wanna give up km soo tired..I get zero sleep..I need help

• Posted

Hi

Are you in or near London?

• Posted

I don't know why nobody is listening! 

Spinex disc clinic does IDD treatment which is non intrusive treatment therapy. I suffered for over 9 years. Had all the nerve root injections and pain killers and physio and been on crutches and house bound. Advised for surgery which did nearly happen but then I found this amazing clinic and they saved me from surgery. I am now back to work doing the profession I thought I could never do again. 

• Posted

Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF).  They go in from your SIDE!!!  Great for one- or two-level problems.  Search YouTube for "globus lateral" and see a cute animation.  One night hospital, instant relief, no brace, no rehab.  Some nerve inflammation for a few weeks because they have to retract the nerve roots.  Done.  Best thing I ever did.  Bilateral stenosis L2/L3.

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/the-expandable-spacer-570509

• Posted

Hi I know your pain , it's a nightmare I suffered a full year and ended up house bound for 6 months ,

Just had a decompression last week although ended up back in theatre 2 days later with a clot in operation site was agony ..

I am home now stiches out next week ,it is the only answer in the end surgery ...

I am able sit and lie down ,went out yesterday with my daughter first time in over a year ,

The pain nearly killed me ..

Some one mentioned bio freeze on here ,I ended up buying it just before my surgery it just freezes the site were ever you put it ,I used it at night and it gave me a little relief ,if u try that ..

I was willing to try anything ..

At moment because I have not walked for six months and couldn't sit or lie down my hips are a problem I am very stiff wen I stand and can only use crutches or a chair but in time will get back to normal they say ..

I hope you are seen too very soon ..

I hope mine doesn't grow back ,I feel like I've just come out if hell !!

Wishing you all the best x

• Posted

I was fused L3 through S1 a few years back and then developed stenosis at L2/L3 last October.  Doc could have pulled all the hardware and re-fused me L2 through S1...OR...

Perform an LLIF (lateral) fusion.  They go in through your side, drill out the disk and insert the LLIF device.  Then they use an Allen wrench to crank it open to the desired height, backfill it with bone from your hip and close.  Woke up an hour later, sprinted the hallway, climbed stairs...pain gone.  One hospital overnight, NO brace...NO REHAB!!!  Permanent fix.

Search YouTube for "globus lateral" and see the cute animation.  Amazing "magic bullet" technology.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.