Spinal Stenosis

Posted , 7 users are following.

Is there anything I can do to help myself. I have had this for 12 years. I have tried a pain clinic, but it seems to make it more

painful.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I like you have tried pain I like you have tried page management for two years now having being told first it was just sciatica than arthritis now spinal stenosis. I’m being told that the only thing really to help is the spinal surgery they have started me on Lyrica I haven’t really felt anything yet but I know it takes time. Let me know if you find anything good and I’ll do the same good luck I hope you feel bettere management for two years now having being told first it was just sciatica than arthritis now spinal stenosis. I’m being told that the only thing really to help is the spinal surgery they have started me on Lyrica I haven’t really felt anything yet but I know it takes time. Let me know if you find anything good and I’ll do the same good luck I hope you feel better

• Posted

Hi, I've had lumbar for six years now, I tried the steroid shots given by my doctor's PA, in the office. They worked at first, but then gradually quit. I've also tried physical therapy, and it's helped a little with my balance issues. Does the spinal stenosis affect the way you walk?

Can I ask, what all do they do at the pain clinic to help you with the pain? Wishing you the best.

• Posted

ive had 8 spinal procedures over the last year snd now im getting pain down my right leg cause of burning the nerves in my back. It has affected the way i walk

• Posted

I had sciatica issues and started doing exercises which are so easy. I set in a sturdy chair and lean down as far as I can, even grabbing the chair legs - stretching for 5-10 seconds 5x. I do this only twice a day and have seen such improvement. Best of luck!

• Posted

I meant to say lumbar stenosis. My pain comes from a herniated and bulgimg disks.

• Posted

My father had that and could barely walk.

Went to Duke University Hospital and they operated on him successfully and he was back to normal.

Best of luck

• Posted

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis of L1/L2 eight months after my TKR. Could barely walk 100 feet. Legs were virtually useless. MRI suggested the condition; confirmed by CT Myelogram with contrast. The problem is that the vertebrae are compressed, narrowing the foraminal canals that the nerve roots pass through. The compression causes the pain. (Note: There are other types of stenosis. This was mine. Yours may or may not be the same.)

To fix this, you have to decompress the vertebrae via a one-level spinal fusion. My neurosurgeon offered a Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion (LLIF) where the docs go in from your SIDE (lateral), drill out the disk, insert a car jack-like device, expand it, backfill and close. I woke up with all my pain gone immediately, one night in the hospital, no brace, no rehab. Miracle op.

Search YouTube for "Globus LLIF Technique" to see a cool animation of the procedure. Fast, easy and 100% effective for me.

• Posted

my tkr was done 3 years ago and now my l4 and l5 are compressing so its going to have to be the spinal surgery. i have ppl telling me that chiropractors can fix this but thats not true. the pain is ridiculous sometimes and this opioid crisis doesnt help with pain, ive tried so many different ones but nothing helps and cant get stronger meds. ive had 8 back procedures between last year and this year

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.