Spinal tumour or sciatica

Posted , 6 users are following.

Someone help me out here. So I'm 17 am recently at home pretty much all day which consists of me either lying on my front, supported by my arms or slouched against my bed board with a pillow on my back. Last night I noticed that when I lied down flat the middle and lower parts of my back began to hurt. Of course this sparked anxiety. Night time back ache = cancer? It got better after a while so I fell asleep and when I woke up this morning it was fine. Throughout the day I noticed mild back aches that were alleviated when I was walking or standing. Tonight I was sitting on my chair and I feel a lower back ache on my right side and I'm worried that it's a spinal tumour, after doing some googling and finding out it is very common for a young adult. This pain is however alleviated as I was skipping rope, sitting on my bed or walking around. Could this be a spinal tumour or am I overreacting [I don't want to go to my doctor unless this is serious, I've seen her way too much]

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You sound like you are over reacting. Relax, it's normal to have a few muscle aches if you are active eg skipping rope!

• Posted

Thanks rolleyes I was just a little concerned after google. Especially since I felt the pain when I was lying down at night and thought it must be a tumour. Dr google gets me every time 
  • Posted

Keep moving! I am convinced that inactivity is what caused/exacerbated my sciatica in the first place. Sitting at an awkward angle and slouching are what sets off my pain. Try not to lie around too much. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Yeah I've tried sitting normally and being more active lol I have the feeling a lot of my aches are tension related, caused by stress 

• Posted

Growth spurts, lifting something the wrong way, picking up penny from the ground the wrong way, slouching for hours at a video game are just some possible non-medical reasons for back pain in young adults. Have some one massage the pain area on your right side. Ask them if that area loos or feels different than the opposing left side. I'm thinking back spasm  

• Posted

Tumor?  Seriously?  That's the first diagnosis you can come up with...at age 17?  You've been watching too much TV.  Go see a chiropractor...

• Posted

Sorry neutral I'm very health anxious and read on google that it's prevalent amongst young adults, especially since I felt the pain at night when I was lying down 

• Posted

if its worrying you that much see your GP & let him know you are very worried,  ask him for a scan, the Doc' will know the most appropriate scan, MRI , CT, or just an X-Ray.

• Posted

STOP GOOGLING!!!!!  It will drive you completely bananas!!!!!  I wrote this for my TKR group but it really applies to everyone...

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/reliable-tkr-information-582123

Listen to Ahnold...

IT'S NOT A TUMAH!!!!!!!

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.