Spine and back of head

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone. I went to the walk-in clinic the other day because I had a weird feeling in my head. Not exactly pressure but like a pull feeling in my scalp when I would move my eyebrows. And my equilibrium was off, making me feel off balanced. I have chronic sinusitis, and the doctor said because of that, I had fluid in my ear around my vestibular nerve. She put me on Loratidine and I took that until Wednesday. I stopped because it was making me dizzy and shaky, and my blood pressure and blood sugar went up because of it so she told me to get some Allegra from the store for the fluid in my ear. My blood sugar came down after that, and my blood pressure did some but is still a little high. Since yesterday, I started getting strange sensations in the top of my spine and sometimes it will feel numb. Certain ways I sit will make it worse sometimes and I get a strange feeling in my eyes. And the head sensation is still there. The off balance and head sensation has come and went for months now, but everytime I go to get checked it was always "sinuses". I'm wondering if I have some kind of vestibular issue? I had a CT scan of my head and sinuses (when I was diagnosed with chronic sinusitis) and the only thing that showed up with the sinus problem. When I felt the top of my spine this morning, I felt a small lump there, but I felt better putting pressure on my spine. I didn't have that until the spine sensations started so I'm worried something is wrong with my spine. As for the head sensations and dizziness, could that really be my sinuses? Maybe anxiety? I read about vestibular neuritis and that described it too. Should I have blood work done? I'm just really tired of feeling this way. It's preventing me from going out with friends and having a life because I'm scared of getting dizzy while I'm out. I want it to go away but it hasn't no matter what I do, and it feels like it never will.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

honestly, it sounds like a visit to your PCP would probably be the first step. Also, Dr Google will tell you the worst case scnenario and trigger severe anxiety. Trust me, as some one with severe health anxiety its best to visit the doc and stay off the interwebs. I wish you the best

• Posted

Will this is interesting. I inherited a whole host of neurological issues from the few weeks I was on beta blockers three years ago.

One of them is the scalp thing, it feels like I am always wearing tight swimming cap.

I feel unbalanced since the day I was put on beta blockers, people would assume I was drunk, feels like a magnet trying to pull me to one side or the other and I keep banging into walls.

When I just looked up Chronic sinusitis, I didn't see these symptoms, though I do have a bit of a stuffy nose when I lie down so always use a bit of Vicks when I go to sleep.

I never feel nauseous so my GP didn't think it would be anything to do with my inner ear though such has never been checked.

I also describe my upper rear neck as feeling numb.

• Posted

Make appointment with a top neurologist and I'm sure your problems

will be solved. I wish you the very best.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.