Spinning sensation and nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been suffering from a spinning sensation when moving or standing still for the last 10 days but prior to this I've had a feeling of nausea most mornings and sometime lasting throughout the day too. I thought the nausea might be due to acid reflux so I started taking antacids but there's no improvement. Any thoughts please?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Acid reflux does not cause dizziness so antacids would not help with the spinning sensation . It sounds more like a middle ear infection especially as you have had nausea along with the dizziness.The nausea may have been the start of the infection if that's what's causing it. See your doctor to confirm.

• Posted

I am still not finished with all the testing for pretty much the same thing. I was so tired of tests and doctors that I kind of took a break. My doctor gave me a medication that stopped it all and so, I just stopped going to the doctor and cancelled the tests they had scheduled. I have to finish them. But he gave me metoclopramide. But, I still don't have a clue as to what caused it. They only thing that they found was a small Hiatal hernia and the doctor says it shouldn't cause this. I do take antacids along with this med. I take Pepcid twice a day. The doctor thinks that my stomach isn't emptying properly, and that is one of the tests that I have to have done.

I had major surgery the end of last October, and was just recovering from that when this started. I was so sick that I was in bed for a month before he tried this medication. So I had spent 6 months with health issues and was just... burned out! Anyway I promised myself that next week I am going to call and make appointments again and get to the bottom of what is wrong. If I do find out I will post it.

But, the stomach not emptying timely can do this. The food stays in your stomach too long and kind of rots, causing gas, and either constipation or diarrhea. This medication has made me feel so much better.

• Posted

Could be labyrinthitis. When I get attacks they are sometimes mild - just the spinning sensation. Sometimes so bad I am very sick. When I lie down I feel like I am tipping over backwards - only way I can move is crawling with yes shut. One particularly bad bout lasted 10 months - really bad sensations lasted 3 weeks, then decreased in severity and frequency. Awful thing - too dangerous to drive. Can't remember the name of the medication - didn't help any.

• Posted

Meant eyes shut - tripewriting error

• Posted

Research Epley Maneuver on the internet. You sound like you have vertigo. I have had it and doing this maneuver stopped it. It sounds crazy but it works. The meds that they gave me didn't.

This is an inner ear thing not a stomach issue.

• Posted

Spinning sensation has eased off quite a bit, still a little dizzy if I tip my head back but a lot better. I've continued to take Nexium for the last four days and nausea has settled down quite a bit , Could this be two separate conditions such as vertigo and acid reflux or are they part of the same condition! I've always suffered from reflux but not with nausea lasting all day...and certainly not accompanied with dizziness! I'm seeing the GP next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.