spiraling out of control

Posted , 6 users are following.

Im at my wits ends with HS. I have been dealing with this condition since the age of 12 and i'll be 31 this year. i am severely depressed, unemployed with a 3 yr old. i dont know what to do. i can't fully interact with himm because i hurt constantly. I.need some help for real. I'm lost. this has been hindering my life for way tooo long. I've had at least a 150 I&D i can't no more. i need some help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patty,

Sorry to hear everything compounding like that. It's a hard disease to deal with at the best of times.

Have you looked into the food trigger, intolerance diets. I lived with it for 20 years before taking it seriously.

Tony

• Posted

Hello. I understand that this disease is absolutely terrible and very unforgiving. It definitely takes over your life that's for sure. I've had HS for over 2 years and I can't stand it. I've got a 2yr old so it is very hard to keep up with them when we're constantly hurting and in pain all the time. Unfortunately this disease is hereditary and there is no cure. But, there are ways to maybe help the situation. If your HS is anything like mine where there's never any breaks in between outbreaks the main option is to have the HS removed surgically. There's another thing you could try before maybe taking that step and that's to try taking turmeric curcumin. Supposedly that has mega benefits to helping this disease among other health issues. You can go online and look up about how turmeric curcumin can help hydrodenitis supertiva and it'll list the benefits and other info you would want to know. A lot of people said it helped their HS and others said not as much but not many have been unsuccessful. You have nothing to lose by trying it. Just make sure you run it by your doctor first. Stick to well known brands. You can also have it play a part in your diet as well or melt a certain amount in a cup of hot water to drink but you will have to find out how much to put in but I feel just taking a supplement would be easier but that's just my opinion cuz turmeric also comes as a supplement. You will have to ask where to find turmeric curcumin when it's not used as a supplement but for in your food and drink. Also, I heard that one person close to our age ate strawberries and then had an outbreak but of course you will never know 100% if that was the cause cuz we're not her but I actually ate a little amount of strawberries the other day and like a day or two later I had a bump coming in my armpit cuz that's where I have HS as of right now. It could have been a coincidence but I'm unsure. The best person to get help and info on the HS is a dermatologist. That's who I was diagnosed by. You are not alone. It feels like it but you're not. That's how it does feel sometimes. You have had your HS longer than me so I can just imagine how sick of it all you are. I know I am. It does hinder my life as well. It's an awful thing to have to experience. I have my moments when I'm beyond sick of it and just get fed up but you can't let it beat you. You've got to stay strong for you and your little one. Even though it feels like you can't. Trust me I go through it all the time. I say that I wish it would just go away all the time. I understand. I'm a very strong person even though it may feel like I'm not at times but sometimes you just gotta cry about it and let out some of the hurt and frustration it causes. It's a very ugly disease. The best thing I can tell you is try the turmeric curcumin supplement after speaking to your doctor and it wouldn't hurt to try and see a dermatologist about the HS if you can. They can help you more than a regular physician. I haven't tried the turmeric curcumin yet, I'm waiting to hear back from my doctors office before I go out and just buy it but I do plan on trying it myself and hope for the best. It's too hard I think to find out what triggers it you know what I mean...you never really know...I'm still learning about the disease we have as time goes on so there's still things I'll be looking out for or waiting to hear about on what else out there can help...hope I was able to help you even if it was a little bit. Keep your chin up. Stay strong. Wish you well! Good luck!
  • Posted

Hello pattie

i know this feeling i spent years battling with hs, have you looked into what could be triggering the flare ups I found myself it would be certain soaps, deodront, washing powder I personally never found food to be a trigger for me but a lot of people have found different, also shaving can really irritate it, can I ask were you are getting lumps?

• Posted

I must agree, once I actually had a flare up, polyester shirts especially would exacerbate itt.
    • Posted

Completely agree here, polyester is the absolute worst for me.  I tend to stick with cotton clothing, and watch my diet.  It keeps my HS at bay.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.