Spirolactone for HS

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone taken Spirolactone if so what dose and have they had successful results or side effects?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

This was prescribed to me years ago as a mild diuretic. At my last derm visit, she suggested I try it for HS. I'm going to give it a go & will let you know if it helps. I had no side effects when I took it in the past.

• Posted

Thanks I look forward to hearing back from you. Are you male or female? My daughter has just started with this condition 3 months ago at age 20. Side effects for females may be a bit more onerous?

• Posted

hey, I've been taking it for a while but it doesn't have an effect on my HS but works perfect for my acne.

• Posted

Hi there do any off you take the pill?

• Posted

Currently I take 25mg of spiro for cystic acne and I've noticed that when I'm consistent I have less severe break outs of my HS as well. I was taking 75mg for a long time and it was a noticeable difference, however I did get heart palpitations and felt like my blood pressure was off so I completely stopped taking it for about a month. When I stopped taking it I got a bunch of HS break outs. It's worth a try but it's just a band-aid of course.

• Posted

Hi there just out off interest do u take the contraceptive pill?

• Posted

ive been taking this for the last 9 months and have been having issues with my periods, they have become almost non existant and completely irregular. i have just stopped taking spiro as my GP is now investigating premature menapause. ive just turned 30 and still want more children. currently looking into wheather spiro has had something to do with this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.