Spirometry results again!

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello guys.

I posted a while back that I had gotten a 84% on my spirometry and thought this wasn't my FEV1 predicted as the doctor had told me my results were really good.

So I've just gotten my actual results back and figured I would share them here in case anyone remembered me. These results are after the inhalor thingy.

FVC: 5.96, Predicted: 5.59

FEV1: 4.96, Predicted: 4.49

FEV1/FVC: 83.2, Predicted: 80.4

PEF: 631, Predicted 610

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I remember you so would this make your third test this year?  I no dr but from what I see your fine.  I still hope you gave up the fags, excersing and eating right.
    • Posted

No this is my first and only test. I had gotten results earlier but was confused as to what they meant, and this time I got some feedback from the nurse and the actual numbers back.
  • Posted

hiya im  glad  youve  got  all  your results.   i  kind of  understand  them.   i  can  tell you mine  then  we  can compare.    my  test  was  FEV1   75%  .   so thats  puts me  at  stage B  (Gold 1 or  2)    so  im like  beggining  of  Emphysema.   stage A  would  have  been  better.     but   ive  only just  been diagnoses  with copd   2  weeks  ago.   this  breathless  thing   chest pain  been going  on for  a while.  and  of  course  cos  id  had  a heart  attack ,  medics  where putting it down  to my  heart.      sorry  ive gone  on   a  bit  there.    Are  you  feeling  quite  well  at the moment    just wondering  what  your symptons  are.   take care  love julie  xx
    • Posted

Hello!

As of right now I have no symptoms and i am healthy. I first thought the 84% she had given me was the predicted FEV1(where your is 75%), but I had understood it wrong at it thankfully turned out my predicted FEV1 was 105%

• Posted

hiya  just  got  your  2  messeges,   i  do fully understand  what  you  are  saying,   i  think its  all  blooming  difficult  to  understand.   i think im  slowly  getting  there.    well thats  really good  that  you have  no symptons.   sounds  like   i  am  more  advanced  with it  than  you  are.    do you mind  me  asking   why  did  you have the  breathing  test  in the  first  place,   was  you  feeling  poorly.   take  care  love  julie   xxxxxxxxxxxx
    • Posted

The reason was that I had been a smoker for 10 years, and had never done any kind of astma/COPD related tests in my life. The suggested at the doctors office that it's a good idea to have one done, for future comparisons in case I was to get something.

That and I have a bit of health anxiety.

• Posted

aww  bless  you  take  care,   and  take  it  easy   and  im sure  you  will  be  fine.    theres  no  point  in me  saying  dont  worry,   because  i  know  you  will.     sounds  like  you have   a  good  doctor    to just  send  you like that  for  tests.      its  like  having  an  MOT.    take  care  julie  xx
  • Posted

All good. You don't have copd thank goodness.

• Posted

Yes! Very happy about it!

I think I'll keep away from this forum and general Googling on the subject from now on.

Thanks for all the help!

• Posted

morning   i  wish you  all the  very  best,   take  care  of  your  self 

love  julie  xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.