Splenectomy Adhesions or other cause of pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I saw a thread here regarding pain in the left side where spleen was after a splenectomy. I also had a splenectomy after a car accident and have very severe pains that come and go - at first, it felt like there was a creature trying to claw its way out but now it is more of a pain, hard to describe, and no doctor can figure it and they dismiss it but it hurts like hell! If anyone out there has had similar and a diagnosis - please share with the class - seems no one has an answer other than possible adhesions. Thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Same. Done all the tests including CT scans and endoscopy...yet, nothing was found to be the cause of the recurring pain.

• Posted

I had an emergency splenectomy just over 2 years ago. I have intense abdominal pain every now and then ever since. The doctors keep telling me that they cant see anything or know what could be causing it. They dont seem to believe it has anything to do with post splenectomy. I saw someone say it wasnt until they had to have their apendix out that thats when the doctors noticed adhesions. Wish we all had some answers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.