splenomegaly and fatty liver

Posted , 1 user is following.

i am having mild spleenomegally and grade 1st fatty liver. consulted a gastroenterologist who gave me medicines like ursodeoxycholic acid,metformin,fenofibrate and vitamin tablets..but more than 6 months have passed but i dont feel too much of benefit ..also i am having lower back ache now and feel like now i havea lymp node in neck or maybe it is bcoz of these medicines that i feel it coz of side effect of medicines,,can please there b some advice and effects of these medicines..

it may b mentioned that i am a 30 year old male..

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

i would be greatly thankful if reply is made on this topic by some good medical practitioner.
  • Posted

I'm not a medical practitioner but why are you taking these medicines ??? smile
  • Posted

as these have been prescribed to me by a doctor.
  • Posted

And this Doctor is treating you for what ??? smile
  • Posted

fatty liver..
  • Posted

I'm concerned that you may be very ill, you need to find another Doctor neutral
  • Posted

how come u can say that..the doctor i m consulting is one the leading gastroenterologist is the world.
  • Posted

What harm could seeing another Doctor do, after all you have come here complaining that you are seeing little benefit from your current treatment smile
  • Posted

there is no harm..but u being of no medical experience or profession saying that i might b very ill doesnt go well..u shd nt try or talk abt those things which u do not know..
  • Posted

When you find out what it is be sure to come back and tell us smile
  • Posted

is fatty liver with mild spleenomegally coz of fatty liver..

some improvement showing with blood tests coming normal and some improvement in fatty liver and splenomegally shown in the recent ultrasound scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.