Split skin

Posted , 3 users are following.

I recently had a really bad UTI and my pee caused alot of skin irritation everytime I went. now I'm over the UTi but still having irritation between labia. I've noticed today that the skin is starting to split. it is very uncomfortable and my doctor says it will go away on it's own but I was wondering what I could do to help ease the discomfort.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi well first if all I'm surprised your doctor didnt give you anything at all for this problem must be a man ? you could try some Epaderm ointment to put a barrier there and you can use it to wash with as well if it doesn't clear up i would go back and ask ether to be given a steroid cream or to be sent to a dermatologist, I say this because I wash going back and forth for years to my doctors with skin splitting and soreness to be told it was just thrush when I knew it wasn't in the end i couldnt stand even my underwear near me i saw a women doctor that sent me to a dermatologist were I had a biopsy done with the results coming back as linchen planus this is a skin condition that can turn to cancer I'm having to be checked ever three months because medication isn't controlling it I'm not saying you have it but I would definitely go back if it doesn't clear up

• Posted

Yes, Cassie, Gillian, here, is right. Find a doctor who will examine and treat you properly. Unfortunately that seems to be hard to find these days whether on is in the state or over in the UK. But I recommend some antibiotic ointment or over the counter steroid, cortisone 10 with aloe or something like that. I would use both, only a few hours apart.

• Posted

thank you both. I actually did find out what it was. it is contact dermatitis. I got a new bubble bath for Christmas and the skin down there just doesnt like it apparently. the skin splitting was from scratching in my sleep. the itching is still there but slowly going away as my skin heals.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.