Splits above clitorus

Posted , 9 users are following.

hi guys, 

I have had pretty constant slits around my bum for the past month, they've healed. I have had one open split above my clitorus in the crease of skin for about a week and have been using dumovate and epederm but I started getting a bit itchy again yesterday and have just seen that there is another tiny slit next to it .. I just feel exasperated and want it to go away.

I had sex with my boyfriend on Saturday night and am wondering if this new slit/sore is because I did that. I have also started running and I'm wondering if the sweat and motion can be making me worse?

I just want to know that other people get these sores and slits during their flare ups? I was completely paranoid about my LS being herpes for around a year and even though doctors have told me I have LS, not herpes, it still gives me great anxiety and stress which from these forums I undestand can make it worse anyway. 

I keep seeing people refer to their flare ups - does this mean slits and sores or White patches? 

I am only 21 and in need of some wisdom and reassurance.

I would be so grateful for any replies.

xxx

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Jade, although I'm old now, I was having these problems when I was your age. I put up with tears and soreness during and after sex for decades. I fought with my sex-mad husband for years over my holding back when it was too painful. I don't think he really believed anything was wrong down below. Having a diagnosis is such a help. Our partners can look up LS online and  if nothing else, the shock of the photos should make them a bit less eager.

This time around I've finally made the connection between sex and flares. If you're already raw, torn, with white patches, the friction and bodily fluids of sex will make it worse. In me it also causes yeast infections. Justine's confirmed that the sweat and friction of running are also irritating these fragile areas of skin.

The reassurance I can offer is that LS does go into remission. It happened to me for years at a time and I wasn't doing any of the sensible things we know about here. I think I have the slowest-moving kind of LS. We've had a few young women on here who clearly have a very aggressive form. Only your doctor can tell what kind you have. The worst that can happen if you throw caution to the wind is atrophy – everything gradually tightens up and flattens out. During perimenopause – my late forties – my clitoral hood covered my clitoris and made it not very sensitive. Most of that kind of disfigurement is irreversible. Maybe if i'd known more I could have avoided that.

The best news is that your generation has a good chance of benefitting from the experimental treatments that are being tested now. Stem cell and platelet injections are being tried on LS patients in a handful of places. These treatments were developed for bad scarring, which is kind of what LS is. They have not been refined or proven effextive yet. So you should keep your ear to the ground for developments.

I don't want to be discouraging, but it's really worth taking the best care of your undercarriage.

• Posted

Hi there,

As I said to Sue above - thank you for sending such a lengthy and considerate reply. I am going to take your advice and advise my boyfriend to have a read up - he is also a bit sex mad and whilst he understands I don't think he properly does.

Thank you so much again for all your advice

xx

• Posted

Yes, there's a passing 'intellectual' understanding and then there's really getting it. So far it's been in his interest not to get it. My guy (we've been together less than four years and had to give up sex a year ago) really gets it now. He's mentioned looking LS up online a few times and has a pen pal who's very old – he wonders if she has it. I think the main reason he gets it is he noticed on his own that I was wincing and rushing things in bed. But he's been with a number of women and is tuned in due to this maturity. He has a number of pretty bad work-related old aches and pains, but he thinks what I have is far worse than anything he's had to endure.

That tear by your clitoris sounds really sore. It also sounds typical of LS.

The diary of flares is a great idea. You might write down any significant things you eat. Avoiding sugar is the best thing you can try – the craving does let up quite quickly, it's a cycle.

• Posted

No you are NOT old - 60 is the new 40's! Keep as young as you are!

• Posted

Ha! I didn't see this last week. I know, but to twenty-somethings we're old.
    • Posted

Morrell can you see my post to pixel pixie...what do you think?
    • Posted

I think you can safely wait and see for a day or two. I often have a whole texture of red bumps where the hair is thickest at the mons. Itchy as heck. I'd take a nice soaky bath with 1/3 cup of baking soda.
  • Posted

Hi Jade 

just wondered how you went with tear above clit , Can you tell me how long it lasted for as I have the same thing  Did it leave any marks on skin ?  Mine looks quite marked and have been a bit worried and anxious about it  although not itching anymore Dont see Gyno for 6 weeks 

Would be very grateful for any feedback 

• Posted

Hi Marion!

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this. I didn't get a notification about it but I'n reading through old posts to reassure myself whilst going through a flare up. The slit above my clitorus healed but I feel like the skin is slightly thinner now than it was - but it has been fine. Currently have some sore raw patches between my vagina and bum and a red bump on my outter lip - makes me so sad!

Sorry again for the slow reply xxxxxx

• Posted

Hi Jade 

thanks for reply . sorry to hear you are having probs , know to well how this gets you down ,  seems to come and go 

Have you been using steroid ? I do believe it thins the skin as my perinium gets very irritated  hate using the steriod  

Hang in there .I pray for a cure, sex life becomes non existant 

• Posted

Always  here for a chat  xxxx
    • Posted

Marion,

That's very kind of you. I now use steroid and moisturising creams like epederm religiously which has really helped.

xxxx

• Posted

Hi Jade 

glad you are getting some relief , I use a cream called Paladin  from Comfyskin  it seems to put a bit of a barrrier on the skin , but stick with what you know if its working love , Hope you feel better soon ,  xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.