Splits and tears

Posted , 3 users are following.


I remember getting thrush very badly when I was little around 10 years old and  it would always keep coming and going, it was so painful and irritating. 

I am now 23 and I still suffer from thrush, but I haven’t had it in quite a while but I always get these kind of splits/tears/cracks, they are tiny and they appear above my clitoris and the skin between my vagina and anus. 

I was wondering if this is to do with thrush? I get them quite a lot and they don’t itch but are sore if I touch them. 

I remember getting something like this on the skin above my Clitoris when I was only 10 years old and it was very painful and bleeding. 

I’m getting very scared It could be some sort of infection? Could anyone help and let me know if they have experienced anything like this before? Please let me know! I’m panicking! 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    I believe that repeated thrush can make the skin fragile. When I had repeated and pressing thrush I got such small tears in the skin between my vagina and anus, but that was after sex. Do you only get the splits when you have an infection? The splits may not mean that you have got an infection, but they can get infected and cause infection. When I had my splits my dr gave me trimovate cream (steroid to reduce inflammation, plus antibacterial and anti fungal agents; it is fine to use externally on that area), and that clear d them up nicely.

    As for your repeated thrush - what are you doing to combat this?

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Hi, well I don’t get them all the time when I have thrush, they kinda come and go, that’s why I am scared it could be some sort of sti, but they go after 2/3 days even without any treatment and I’ve been tested for Sti’s. 

      I use canesten cream to soothe my thrush and it can work sometimes but I just keep getting these little splits and cracks and I’m not sure why. 

      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Ok, so you don’t get them every time you have thrush, but do they only appear when you have thrush? I mean you they appear ever when you don’t have thrush? I am trying to figure out if they are related to the thrush.

      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I think it's just thrush- one kind of fungal and yeast infections. You can use topical creams to reduce the symptoms. Besides, take the following steps to avoid recurrences:

    - wash your vaginal area gently, daily (wash it with warm water).

    - don't douche.

    - eat well.

    - consume zinc, vitamin C.

    - don't wear tight underwear.

    - no scratching, no sex, no masturbating, no fingering until your infection heals.

    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up