Splitting in armpits

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have white patches in my armpits that have become red sore and splitting is this related to LS ? X

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Could be armpit candidiasis.

Keep the air clean. Wear loose clothing.

Get an antifungal cream from your pharmacy that's meant for the skin

• Posted

I have had this too and I was told it was a fungal infection. It was itchy and weepy as well. An anti fungal cream (prescription) did take care of it. Don't try putting clobetasol on it as apparently fungus hates it! What I find now though, is that I have white patches there as well that I do believe is Lichen Schlerosis. I asked the dermatologist and he said it looked like LS. I also have sloughing of the skin in that area, even though there is not an active fungal infection there now. 

My opinion is that when you get a skin irritation of any type, then the LS will move in. I had a rash on my wrist from wearing my FitBit. It was itchy and red and cleared up when I stopped wearing the device. BUT now I have a patch of LS there, that has never gone away. 

I asked the dermatologist if LS showed up in "weakened" areas but he really didn't seem to know. 

• Posted

Hi sorry for late reply I have been on vacation. I shall see doctor on my return, I have white patches in armpits, down front of legs, neck and wrists .... but only armpits are red and sore x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.