Splitting Prednisone dose

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am eternally grateful to this forum and I want to thank everyone for sharing their journeys. I am now splitting my Prednisone (thanks to someone who posted this on this forum) and I am now person. Previously I took it all in the morning and every single morning was a painful experience for me until the afternoon when I felt much better. I can now exercise in the morning which was previously much too painful and I can drive the car safely as I can now turn my head with a much reduced discomfort. I am currently reducing to 11 mg from 11.5 and I am now more hopeful I will reach that 5 mg marker maybe in a year or so.

In closing, thank-you for this very very useful tip. My doctor will be informed big time about this extremely useful advice for her PMR sufferers.

Happy New Year to all

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

So pleased this is working for you. All the best with your continued reduction.

• Posted

So glad splitting the dose has helped you. By 2am I was in terrible pain before splitting. After that I got my life back as I could then sleep. Be careful to reduce very slowly once you reach 7mg as it then becomes harder. Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the warning. 7 mg seems so far away right now but I will take extra caution, if I make it that far 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.