Spondylilisthesis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all...been diagnosed with spondylitic spondylolisthesis and in nothing but pain in my back and right leg.....numbeness. had this since december 2015 and dont think i can tolerate tje pain any longer as cant seem to relieve it with meds , gabapentin , paracetamol and even the odd dose of oramorph also ive been een admitted to hospital and been cathaterised due to no feeling from waiste down ...been to see neurosurgen and talking about having nerve root block injection to see if it works although not gaurenteed. Also mentioned surgery and gave me advice sheets about it....im 37 and work in maintenance decorating a hotel and am confused as to what i should do so any advice will be appreciated all i would like is to be pain free

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Just an update ....ive had 2 nerve root blocks now and no change ...all my meds been upped ..gabapentin and zoromorph and oramorph ...bladder emptying ok with out catherters....got a neuro appintment nxt week and now been off work since april (5 months) still in pain and walk with a walking stick to help me .legs still nub and tingles up and down and gunna now talk about my back op to try to get back to normal. Any advice would be great as 5 months of this is now getting me down as my employer is now finishing me on ill health...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.