Spondyloarthropy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi my rheumatologist suspect I have spondyloarthropy due to lower back pain and elevated esr levels. Sometimes i wake up with extreme pain that i cannot move - this happened on holiday and the pain woke me up.

I'm in a lotof pain after massaging a muscle knot (found when massaging back for the pain) is there any suggestions for helping spondyloarthropy?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

He also said I'm HLA B-27 positive?

• Posted

How old are you? Do you have pain or stiffness anywhere else? Such as shoulders, neck, pain in hands. I ask because the elevated ESR and back pain can also be a sign of PMR.
    • Posted

Hello. I'm 17 and have seen a rheumatologist about constant joint and muscle pains and they did blood tests and ultrasounds and said all of my joints are fine but the lower back pain is "probably" due to axial spondyloathropy. He said it's probably due to  "wear and tear" but I'm 17 lol. I guess I use to play a lot of football, which I had to temporarily quit due to heart issues. Yes, I get pain and stiffness. I'm also hypermobile. I also have flat feet which they suspect is why my hips/knees/ankles are painful. I also have tendonitis in my left wrist. I might just go back to the doctor and ask about the back pain and to see any way forward. In part, this is my fault because I didn't attend the physio they gave me and I completely forgot I had to have ANOTHER blood test,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.