Spondylosis

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I have cervical spondylosis with radiculopathy I am due surgery very soon has anyone out there have the same condition or had the operation, please could you share your experience with me, thanks.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with cervical spondylosis also but have no experience with surgery for it. I am on Neurotic 100 mg : 3 x day. Also on Voltaren 75 mg eg tabs: 3 days only per week. 2 times a day. These meds have made my pain manageable. I hope and pray you find help and relief.😉.

• Posted

That is Neurontin

• Posted

Hi Marian

Thanks for your input, the painkillers I'm on is Gabapentin,Tramadol,Amitriptyline,and paracetamol to top it off,when the pain is severe there is no medication to reduce the pain, but plenty of rest and trying to find the right position to sit or lay is key,but to be fair it does settle the pain sometimes, well I see the neurosurgeon Friday so it's time to get the suitcase ready,take care.

• Posted

My neighbor does...her surgery was 7 weeks ago, a full cervical fusion.

The first two days, it was difficult to adjust to the hard collar and to find a comfortable position.

By day three, her color was returning, she ate, easier to sit up, walked a bit

Because her discs were so degenerated, she has 5 more weeks before she can remove the collar.

She does everything but drive and grocery shop...

kind regards

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.