Sport and Sjögrens/ advice, tips please

Posted , 6 users are following.

Is there anyone sporty out there? I used to do triathlon etc and wanted to get back to it. Unfortunately its been one thing after another and now I've added Sjogrens to the list. My main problems are exhaustion ( fine one week - almost horizontal the next) I have difficulty working out when I will be exhausted, muscle pain and lack of recovery. I'm loosing fitness, putting on weight, get demoralised and then the throat, eyes etc get more of a nuisance. Im waiting for hand and feet scans to see if there is further arthritis. Bloods are all good except ANA.

Any help would be much aprectiated.

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

BSSA comlete and utter waste of space time and money. #0 years out of date run by pillocks and useless at getting any support for Sjigrens from the NHS or government - and you can quote me!

• Posted

Oh dear, sounds standard "British"! . In a previous life I would have started a group but at the mo I am trying to prioritise my own well being , starting with a daytime nap - might even change jobs to accomodate this. I really havn't the energy, What we need tis the energetic, savvy  partner of a sufferer......

• Posted

I think it's just standard everywhere. I wouldn't have the energy to start one either, nor even the energy to help find speakers. So you're right: someone's savvy & caring partner, spouse/child is how these things often get started. I've no idea how the union with Johns Hopkins came about for the US foundation, but it's brilliant. My guess is that some extremely wealthy family of an ss sufferer left a massive pile of dedicated money for both as research and the foundation. I've not come across other illness-specific foundations & support groups allied with a huge med school-research-treating hospital.

I do know that I find both kinds of support groups helpful. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.