Spot/boil on knee replacement scar.

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 14 weeks post op and today have noticed a spot on the scar at the bend point on the knee cap. It looks like a boil coming up. I've called the doctor who is going to call me back at some point today. I e also been experiencing pain upon standing up.  Anyone else had anything like this?  You just think you're getting there and then something else happens. 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me and it was infected. I wound up in the hospital with iv drugs. Don't wait too long for a call back. Go to emergency soon as an infection here can lead to all kinds of complications including sepsis.

• Posted

I had a tiny spot that wasn't healing right at the top of the scar and eventually a stitch stuck out of it, which they removed when I went for my six weeks check, but there's still a tiny scabby looking bit there.  I keep wondering when it will finally heal!  But it's not red or anything.  Is yours red - it sounds as though it might be if you're describing it as looking like a boil?  In which case I'd be checking with the hospital asap.  I imagined that this sort of thing happened a long time before 14 weeks - but perhaps it doesn't?

• Posted

Been to see the doc he isn't worried as it's a bit late for infection. Possibly a stitch abscess or sac and given antibiotics for a week. It's a wait and see thing!

• Posted

I'm so relieved to hear that Elaine.  Firstly for you, but also for all of us - to think we'd have to be worrying in case infections cropped up for 14 weeks would be awful!  But they've got you covered anyway, so that's good:-)))))

• Posted

Yes I am feeling easier now!  Still worrying though.  I'll keep yoU posted. 

• Posted

Oh I hope your mind will be completely eased soon.  It's horrible to be worrying about something like this.  But it looks as though they've got it covered.  Hopefully it will be healed very soon:-)

• Posted

I had a tiny little spot with a little pus in it. Everyone said probably a stitch and it healed and is gone now. It was tiny.
  • Posted

Elaine let us know. Hope it's no big deal! I know what you mean...everything going pretty well and then a bump in the road. As they say "it's a long process"! ??🙏

• Posted

Could be an internal stitch causing some irritation. If so one of the medical people can work it out. Let them mess with so you do nothing to cause a y kind of infection
    • Posted

I've been on antibiotics since 4pm yesterday and already it's going down or so it seems. Thanks old fat guy it's good to hear from you again. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.