Spot on skin - change in pigment color ? Started 2 months ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

Spot just popped up one day a few months ago.  About quarter sized and hasnt changed a bit even with quite a bit of sun exposure.  No pain whatsoever, feels smooth like a burn would. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

FYI- this is on the underside of my wrist
  • Posted

For sure we are talking about hypopigmentation of the skin.There are no more melanocytes activity on that spot.you need to see a dermatologist.
  • Posted

Try googling Vitiligo....   it wont make any difference being in the sun,but you need to put a high SPF 50 suncream on the patch as you have lost the protective pigment in your skin..   A dermatologist will advise you.  if you are in UK see your GP for advice and a possible referral.
  • Posted

Hi,

I have the same white patch on my skin. My dermatologist did 2 biopsies and I was diagnosed with Hypopigmented Mycosis Fungoides which is a CTCL. 

Hopefully you'll find out what you have. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.