Spots after shaving pubic hair?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I shaved my pubic hair and now there are spots after two days of doing it. At first it bothered me but thought that was normal just when you usually don't share your face and you'll get pain there. The next day after I did it, there was no pain or barely at all. Then after that day (today), I started to see these spots and there are about 50 or more of them! They do bother me a bit but not a lot. I used to use conditioner as a shaving lubricant but I wanted to switch to something that his actually meant for shaving. I used "Bump Patrol" that was supposed to prevent razor bumps, razor burns and ingrown hairs and it had good reviews but now I have a ton of bumps which I never gotten before! I'm not sure it was because I didn't shave in the direction my hair was growing in or what but I'm not sure what to do with these bumps. Any thoughts to why this happened and will these go away and how long and is there anything that I could do to get rid of them. Thanks. imageimageimage

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

it's because of shaving,your skin is sensitive, maybe you should try something else instead of shaving.

• Posted

Is this your first time shaving? Cause this is kinda normal. Pretty much everyone experiences this once in a while. It's either because you're shaving too fast and as a result you're irritating the area or maybe it's because of a sensitive skin due to shaving gels or w/e. Have you tried Nair? It might be easier since some people have reported it worked with no irritation, but be careful those since some allergies may form from Nair.

• Posted

Just acne of sorts, no need to worry. I was not expecting pictures, however it is not anything like herpes if that is what you were worried about.

First time shave some people get acne, I didn't luckily enough for me. Some people have sensitive skin that will always give them acne or some skin that reacts negatively to shaving cream. I personally use a decent electric razer that does not need shaving cream.

Make sure to keep washed as well, it could be headed pimples forming because the skin where the hair was, had lots of oils and stuff built up and the shaving aloud it to get into the pores.

No need to worry, unless it gets worse. Just watch for ingrown hairs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.