Spots and face

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

i know i have written about this before but my face is breaking out in all sorts of spots- big red ones. little ones under the face bumpy ones etc

i steam my face twice a day and still have sinus issues behind the eyes! big ouffy sark circled eyes .

At a loss don't t know what to do?

my face has always been smoooth and luckly spot free. hhhhhhweeellllpop

a

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Unfortunately this is common in peri and or menopause. Adult acne is listed as one of the symptoms on the post about 66 menopause symptoms. I get huge zits on my face too especially around my jaw line. Acne will most definitely return in menopause if you suffered with it as a teen. But even if you didn't it is common to get it in menopause. Have you been to a dermatologist?

• Posted

AG13

yes I have at jaw line and under nose. I just was speaking to my husband about this . never had acne before. its comes and goes on top of the million other things I have been experiencing. Hang in there dear. I have one on my jaw line now and under nose. the other day it was in the right side of jaw line and it was a few ugh!!!

• Posted

hi no to dermatology - i keep getting like bumps under my skin. i 've never really suffered from achne.

to scared to go to dermatology and be referred to as i feel like i have wasted enough of my doctors time

• Posted

Hi AG,

So sorry to hear your going through facial breakouts during this time of change. I personally couldn't take it anymore & did see

the Dermatologist. She gave me a topical product (Retin-A) as well as Doxycyline 50mg twice a day. I'm relieved I have one less bothersome problem to think about. Now I don't anticipate the next painful & ugly pimple or flare up of Rosacea.

Hope whatever treatment plan you chose

works well & your skin is smooth & bright!

Here for you, XO

• Posted

hi there - You might have Rosacea - for some reason, a lot of woman develop it in Peri/menopause - if it gets out of hand, it can lead to ocular rosacea & that is never a good thing when dealing with your eyes. Best to go to a dermatologist & get it checked out - Unfortunately certain foods like, red wine, chocolate, coffee can trigger it, but for me, stress & heat play at huge part & not to mention hormones!!! if you have rosacea, chances are you will be put on a topical & Docycline pills to stop the inflammation - Good luck, but do get it checked out -

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.