Spotting

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi All, So grateful for this forum.  Has anyone ever experienced spotting for over a week - like the period just won't get started.  And, to make things worse, there seems to be an unusual odor?  I was on a low dose birth control pill to try and offset some of these awful symptoms and I went off about 3 weeks ago.  Now I seem to be all messed up wrt to the "cycle". 

Thanks!

0 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi

Actually I have had phantom period all the symptoms and skip a month then I have had a month of a period sort of spotting to light bleeding then go into a regular period now I should have my period now and don't got the symptoms so let's see what happens when I have spotted for the whole month it's like my body can't expel it like a regular period very strange and annoying I should take stock in Kotex lol I wear them everyday because I just don't know when it will come and don't want to be caught off guard I can't wait for the bleeding to stop! The birth control could have messed your cycle up I'm not on bc and my cycles are a mess ughhhh

• Posted

Yes, it was one of the reasons I stopped HRT. Dxxxxd nuisance really!
  • Posted

Hi marie yeah i have had this alot. Ive been checked and all is well so its just peri /meno. My spotting is sometimes dark and other times just like a pale pink wipe. Our cycles go up and down at this stage i guess and its all part of the learning curve.

Hope that helps xxxx

• Posted

Hi Louise,

Thanks for your reply...sounds just like mine.  This is the first month this has happened.  I don't know what to expect day to day.  And I am having a lot of cramping and discomfort.  Never had very bad PMS symptoms before all this craziness started.  Do you mind if I ask what your doctor checked to let you know all is okay?  Thanks!

• Posted

I'm 49 soon and been spotting for a week I was a due on last Wednesday but light spotting continues !! I've had my usual menstrual migraine and cramps but no heavy flow has come ! No idea what's going on maybe peri can anyone advise.i know stress can make things irregular too.are you due on ?
    • Posted

I'm 49 and my period have been just light brown blood for the last 3 months, very light. I get the migraine, abdominal pains but don't really bleed much. I think I'm gonna go and see my doctor as it's the third month of same issues now, I get bad bloating as well.

before I use to have heavy bleeding each month cause I also have a fibroid. 

From what I've read on here it's the peri....?

• Posted

Wow kadija1966 your story could be mine !! I'm 49 and this month I got my usual migraine very painful cramps and slight bleeding but every other day then brown discharge.i was worried as I suffer very heavy periods with clots and this is so unusual for me.im going to the dr to see if I am in peri I'm sure there is a blood test which can help,tho I've read an be unreliable.i have been having spotting a brown discharge a week after two normal periods in jan and feb and now March no bleeding just slight and brown discharge.you have reassured me Thankyou message me anytime as it's nice to know someone who's suffering too Michelle xx
    • Posted

If your GP is as ignorant of this subject as mine ask him to refer you (to someone who knows what they are talking about) Mine was quite dismissive until a routine scan showed a 'mass' then he panicked and red-flagged me for further tests - turned out it was a cyst (and I already knew I had them)

• Posted

Hi Michelle, wow we have the same issues, same age too...LOL...I don't google my problems anymore as it always give you some scary answers....I've suffered with this peri for quite sometimes, 3 yrs now, luckily no hot flushes or sleepless nights... I was aneamic due to heavy bleed ings, I get fatigue as well, those symptoms are on and off, most days I'm ok tho. It is just scary when these symptoms take over your life and you feel miserable...I just booked an appointment for an ultrasound tomorro morning,  as I have abdominal pain since yesterday, , the same thing I'm experiencing now happen exactly the same time last year, but with heavy bleeding. After lots of test doctors say it's menopause and fibroids....I hope it's nothing much this time  as I worry a lot and don't really like going to doctors. 
    • Posted

Hi is it ok if I messaged you as I have an ultrasound nxt week too and we are going through very similar things ? Thankyou Michelle x
    • Posted

I have 3 small

Complex cysts in right ovary my dr has been fantastic it will be my 3rd scan next week I thought it was the cysts causing this but my dr thinks peri as I'm 49 end of month and cysts are smaller now and probably been there quite a while now.im at that age where who knows lol but my dr said peri xxx

• Posted

Hi Michelle, I try to message you but it's not going thru???? Maybe it's the network were I am..

. I had an operation for ovarian cyst when I was 28 yrs old. This week   I have pain right side lower abdomen. Did scans last year and the dr says she can't see any cyst, I'm going to another dr tomorro for scans as it's the same kind of problem I had last year same time. 

Hopefully it's not ovarian cyst... It's scary as I have been u well most of today. This nausea is there all day. Do u get nausea too? 

• Posted

Hello I have messaged you have you received it now as its marked as read ? Try to see if you can read my messes and let me know 😊I don't get nausea but I get constipation xxx
    • Posted

Yes I was able to read yours and respond back I do get occasional nausea gassy more then usual no constipation tho
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

i can read your private message but it won't let me reply???? Strange but I'm not sure why....

went to see the doctor this morning, he did the scan, the fibroids have shrunk to 2 cm, no cysts on my ovary, it's the bloating and gas that's giving me the abdominal pains and the nausea, doctor prescribe omesip, digene, and domperidone, vitamin b12 and evening primrose oil capsule.  It's a relief, got the result for my smear test as well it's normal.

he also told me it's normal for me to get this brown blood period as it's mean my periods are coming to an end.... I get the normal cramps, migraines, as if it's a normal period, but he says it's all the signs I'm in the menopause. It's a relief as I was so worried. I'm sure you have nothing to worry about too. I did mention about the fact that I get bouts of constipation too, he says it's normal as menopause slows down the digestive organs so it produces more gas, hence the constipation.

• Posted

Could you try to message me see if it works that way perhaps ? I'm so pleased glad all ok 😊I'm still spotting day 8 of this weird Period light spotting one day red blood twice now back to pink migraine and cramps have passed but no heavy flow like usual..it's causing me such anxiety as I have these cysts and not sure if it's Peri or cysts what a nightmare I have been getting bloated too xx
    • Posted

Hi Michelle

just read your reply, funny that this private message won't let me reply, maybe it's my IPad?..

one of my friend who's in peri tells me she bleeds on and off all thru the month, she cannot even leave home without wearing Kotex. I guess it's a different experience for each one of us ladies? 

I had hot flashes 2 yrs ago, then if stopped and start heavy bleeding and weight gain all last year. Then this year period got very light, bloating etc.... Maybe next month I won't have a period? 

Another of my friend started to get multiple fibroids with menopause. I think it's our hormones playing up and giving you these cysts? Were I live private doctors and ultrasound and tests are very cheap, same day appointment and at least you know what's going on...

• Posted

Michelle I forgot to add, just remembered I had spotting last year too, my period was going on for more Then two weeks or more, heavy bleeds follow by brown blood and light drops and then nothing, and then started again, it went on for a few months and then it stopped, I was worried,  my doctor checked my uterus lining on ultrasound and Pap smear test and scans couldn't see anything  apart from the fibroids growing fast.
    • Posted

Yes same for me kadija two long periods jan and feb 8-9 days heavy bleed then brown discharge for another week,so wish i could speak to you privately shall I try again ? I wish our system was the same ultrasounds the same day wow !!i had to wait for my first one 4 weeks then saw gyno 4 weeks later then another scan a month later !! I just want to know 100 % if it's peri I'm experiencing with these fluctuations periods or these cysts on my right ovary.my dr thinks peri so I'm going for blood test today to check all hormones but he told me they're not accurate ! Thanks kadija xxxx
    • Posted

Hi Kadija

Thank you for the update about your doctor visit.  Did he give you any indication how much longer this might go on - since he said your periods were coming to an end?  Do your cramps seem more intense than usual? 

• Posted

Hi Marie

The doctor didn't say how long. The cramps are more painful than usual. I guess it could be the fibroid shrinking that's giving me these pains.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.