Spotting

Posted , 3 users are following.

Spotting symptoms between missed periods.  Peri menopause 

I’ve had:

1. Pelvic exam

2. Internal 

3. Ultrasound 

4. MRI

Now letter for biopsy and hysterscopy, not had scan results yet.

Very anxious.  Has anybody else had all these tests?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have had ultrasounds , scans , blood work, for pretty much all my body and everything is within normal limits . I hope everything turned out normal for you as well. 
  • Posted

Hi Cillablack How can you tell the difference between a regular period and spotting period?

My personal experience my periods are coming farther and farther apart but when it comes I bleed for 3 or 4 days max, but very light. The only time it seem to be heavy is when I use the bathroom... I have no cramping but then again before perimenopause I rarely cramped, mainly irritability and bloating. During perimenopause it seem as though now I have all the symptoms that I didn't have then , the aches and pains especially in my back.

I can tell the period wants to come on but because of lack of hormones and its horrible. Anyway, I was just wondering if this could be a real period or spotting?  I thought spotting is normal during perimenopause even when you missed your period.  Are you having any othere symptoms such as pain?

To answer your question, i've had pelvic exam,ultrasound , ct scan , no mRI or internal ultrasound

This was done last year. Don't try to look too much into it , just normal testing.

• Posted

Mine is constant, although I missed 2 weeks spotting this month.  Period blood is heavier.  Spotting is just when I wipe myself after the loo.  On average I was getting 7 days per month spotting free but not consecutive days.  I don’t really know the difference though to be honest.  I’m just worried that I need a biopsy after having an mri.  When will these tests stop and will I need an operation?  Very anxious x
    • Posted

Sorry I meant to say no pelvic pain x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.