Spotting after 10 months of no period.

Posted , 10 users are following.

I'd appreciate some insight. After going 10 months of no period I had a brief episode of spotting pink. It was a bit embarrassing because it was noticed by my partner right after intercourse. So now I have questions. First, could this have just been because of my activity and second, does it count as a period and break my 12 month goal. Do I have to start countdown again? sad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth, I would not class that as a period, my friend told me that her doctor said to her when it happen if it's not a full period and it's not count as one

I have gone now 8 months with out a period and back in April I had a slight bleed myself maybe a Jill so im not going to count that as one ok.

it can be that is end of your periods hugs xxx

• Posted

I get this also, every 6 months I get light spotting with all the symptoms of PMS. It's called Hypomenorrhea, happens with diminishing periods going into menopause. So it's very normal.

• Posted

After 8 months no period I got a full blown period. Ugh. I had had 2 months during the eight months where I had a week of pink spotting,but now I guess I begin the countdown. Again.Good luck to all of you!
  • Posted

I just had the same happen to me....a few spots and did not have my period since November, I am 57.  I called my family doctor who in turn ordered an ultrasound wherein it found that endometrial stripe​ had thickened.  I had a biopsy done today and will find out results of it in a few days.  My doctor said that I did right by contacting him and not taking any chances during this time in my life.  Our bodies change during this time and if it is something out of the unusual I think it is best to let your doctor know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.