spotting and and anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies i am experiencing high anxiety this evening i am over thinking thingd and fearing the worst. I posted back in December as my period was 67 days late i felt nauseous and experienced some slight period pains. I had seen my GP who took bloods and a pregnancy test all came back fine apart from slight raise in FSH which was 22. Then i started spotting (brown) for 5 days and felt some relief. I then had a heavy period for 5 days and the nausea went and i felt fine but, i have had spotting ever since this period.

The spotting is old brown blood and not much only a small amount each day and i only wear a liner. So it has been 26 days of spotting, and i think i can smell myself (sorry for tmi). I keep getting slight period pain every now and then and again the nausea has returned. I am worried why would i not be clearing all my blood when i have a period. I am almost 48 and periods started to go weird 2 years ago. I have a small fibroid and smear last year all fine. I have had spotting before but, im just worried. x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried hrt low dose can help you wit your periods I been on the patch for about a week now I'm starting to feel a bit better a lot of women has said it makes them feel like a new woman they got there life back so it's worth a try ill try any thing as long as it make me back to my normal happy self again x

• Posted

Hi catherine thank you for your reply, i have not been offered any hrt only the coil, mini pill or implant, How old are you and what symptoms have you had? i have not had a hot flush. xx

• Posted

Hi I'm 48 I dont get many hot flushes I was getting a lot of anxity and feeling low and crying a lot for no reason I new something was rong not like me I'm usually a happy person so I went to the nurse she sent me for blood test s and when they came back Dr rang said I was going through Peri menapause my periods were quit no

• Posted

Quite normal my periods were but the dr offered me hrt patches been on them a week feel a bit better bit it takes time but havent had a period since i been on the patches so don't know what's going on there have a word with your Dr about hrt they should help u with your period as I now a lot of women are on hrt for that xx

• Posted

hi amanda. i am 46 and i do that spotting old blood too. I think it is par for the course

• Posted

Hi chr2015, thank you for your reply, it has now been 28 days of spotting. I just worry about what is happening. Do you get mild period pains too? xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.