Spotting and Fibroids

Posted , 5 users are following.

Me Again...I have fibroids and my period stopped Sunday but now I am having spotting and abdominal discomfort. I'm on antibiotics since Monday night for diverticilitis and never had spotting from thst before. I am in peri....does anyone else experience spotting after their period ended?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi nancy

you could do with talking to beth.. She said she has fibroids and she is spotting..

its normal to spot and bleed with fibroids it does happen..  But mention this to the Doctor aswell ..

spotting in peri is also possible I did that, from heavy to normal to light then spotting then a trace ... Then now... Nothing 

Jay xx

• Posted

Nancy..

this may help you..

How to Use Probiotics to Prevent or Treat Diverticular

also a must durimg any antibiotics as they kill the good bacteria 

Probiotics for Diverticulitis 

Stock up on L. acidophilus supplements. Lactobacillus acidophilus is a commonly used probiotic, also referred to as "good bacteria." This form of bacteria already exists in your body, however, diverticular disease can minimize the level of good bacteria resulting in disruption to intestinal health. This probiotic helps decrease diarrhea, intestinal infections and pouch inflammation association with diverticular disease. Choose tablet or capsule forms of L. acidophilus at your local health food store.

Jay xx 

• Posted

Jay...thank you sweetie.....I do take a probiotic and have been for a year. I've had 2 surgeries to remove sections of my colon already. I started having pain again but now not sure if its diverticulitis or reproductive. Coincidentally, the pain started as my period was ending Sunday. I went to docs on Monday and he put me on antibiotics to be on the safe side.
    • Posted

Oh Nancy

bless you .. You have had alot to deal with ... Peri aswell as that..

I do hope you feel better soon Nancy

big hugs Jay xx

• Posted

Hugs to you too Jay, yes the diverticulitis is something I have battled for over 10 years. Nearly took my life when a diverticuli ruptured. Not pleasant. Now I big fibroid on my uterus. I just had a gyno checkup last month and she could feel the fibroid plus I had utra sound to confirm it last year. I do accept the fact this is a normal part of change, I'm just jealous of woman who sail through it with no problems. Stinks that we all on here have such issues with it!
  • Posted

I don't know if I have fibroids, but I am in perimeno, and I spot constantly. I only have two dry days inbetween. Been going on for 6 months. I have no pains or cramps, so I don't think I have fibroids. I do know I have hormonal problems from estrogen dominance. I'm 57.
    • Posted

Hi Fancygoldfish

maybe you should have an ultra sound hun... And check..

i bled for 21 months in early peri and I had ovarian cysts then, they did go, but they also grew.. They were not cancer.. This was a few years ago when i was age 41.. I am now 50..had peri for 9-10 years..

I made an appt for a well woman check here in spain and went on monday .. Wow saw my ovaries, uterus the lot, breast tissue in 3D ..

all was fine thank goodness, he even told me my ovaries were in menopause , non functioning and no follicles all normal.. Showed me them.

it was a private clinic here ... Its well worth getting things checked if you feel things may be adrift.. Put your mind at rest..

Jay xx

• Posted

Hi nancy0925

Sorry to hear your in so much pain, as if being in peri isn't enough on it own . I have a friend with diverticulitis and I know its alot on a person to deal with. As for the spotting...I've started my period and ended it and started spotting a day later but I just associate it with my hormones being on a roller coaster. Sorry to not be much help but I'm sure someone on the forum will have some good advice. My prayers are going out for you and hope you start to feel better soon.  Be blessed -hugs to you!

• Posted

Hi there!! 

I too have fibroids and I am spotting. I was told I have thickening of the uterine wall. I am trying to get set up to have an ultra and sonogram. The doctor did tell me fibroids can sometimes cause you to bleed. You might want to consider being checked just to be safe. Take care.... Isn't this fun?? (Not) smilesmile

Beth

• Posted

Beth,

I just had a gyno checkup last month, she didn't mention any thickening. I don't have cramps and the spotting is very insignificant but I feel a pressure and bloating in my abdomen. My period just ended Sunday. Been experiencing all kinds of peri symptoms since April. It all hit at once. I feel like the fibroid is causing irritable bowel like feelings. Do you ever have that? No real cramps, just pressure.

• Posted

Hi there!! I think it just depends on how many fibroids and how big they are. And yes they can definitely cause pressure. I feel pressure a lot . But then I have severalsmile

Beth 

• Posted

Yes, I absolutely have spotting between periods, for 6 months now, but I don't really know when my period stops and starts. There is no clear cut ending or beginning. It's fairly light, except for the clotting now and then, every few months, but sitting or laying down for any length of time seems to promote the clots.

I've been checked out and don't have fibroids or polps or anything. It's all hormonal and being obese makes it worse. I don't have any cramps, pressure, bloating, etc. but I sure do get hot at night! I just read at on a medical site that excessive spotting in perimeno is not uncommon, although in rare cases, it can be something more serious.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.