Spotting Continues... but now with cramp... is that normal?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ohhh, everyday there is something else 😞

My spotting when I ovulate continues to occur.. but for the first time I'm also feeling crampy, the last twice I ovulated and had spotting I didn't have cramp.

Basically for 3 months each time I ovulate I have spotting... the spotting continues until my period starts (which has  been heavier) when my period ends I have no spotting until mid cycle when I ovulate...

Pap test was fine, my ultra scan last year on ovaries was fine too, just a few regular cysts ( that didn't seem to worry anyone), I think I'll ask my doctor for another ultra scan, it's all consuming me and every time I go to the loo and see blood my heart sinks.

I already suffer from anxiety and this is just sending it sky high.

I get in to a state of thinking, it's definitely ovarian cancer... I don't know why I'm so fixated on that, it's so draining.

Any thoughts?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Dear Alice

I used to get mid cycle spotting as I have mentioned before, it does cause anxiety and worry I know, I have had transvaginal scans and too had cysts, they said mine were simple cysts and nothing to worry about (easier said than done) I did have my ovaries out due to family history and the cysts were what they said and were OK. I'm not sure if they contributed to mid cycle bleeding or it was just the hormones. I know as I was in peri I got endless spotting and I wasnt sure where my period started or finished. I didnt so much get the crampy feeling you describe x

• Posted

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, in my more rational moments I know that's it all related to the menopause, but it's so hard to be rational at times.

I think my crampy pain is most probably related to all the sit-ups I did... I just wish there was a conclusive test so I could ease my mind!

• Posted

Dear Alice

I know how you feel, I had bad health anxiety in peri and im post meno two years and still have my moments as some symptoms still show their ugly head at times. I have thought I have had every disease going on this journey! Yes it all sounds meno related and all I can say is go for the necessary tests just for your own peace of mind. I even had to go for one of those endoscopies when I had the dreaded gastitis in peri. Menopause can make you feel alone at times because like you said there's no conclusive test! X

• Posted

Please try not to worry, pretty sure it's our hormons causing all this but getting it checked will put your mind at rest.

This spotting issue, sometimes more than spotting, has more or less been ruling my life for the past 4 months and I have this week stopped exercising because this starts it off

I meant to say, it's less likely to be anything nasty as there is a pattern to it which probably means it's linked to hormones

• Posted

I'm like broken old record, asking the same things over and over...

I'm now wondering if the amount I 'spot' is normal, it's really just a small amount of blood that shows after I've been to the loo or a small amount on my pants... it's not even worth wearing a pad for... does that sound 'normal' spotting... geez it drives you crazy!

I think about stopping g exercising too, but I really enjoy it and I think that would make me even more miserable!

• Posted

Hi Alice.  I know what you mean.  I had a good few months with no real bothersome symptoms and now something new and I started freaking out.  I try not to google anymore at all.  I just post on here for help.  I just started brown spotting a few days ago with some hip groin and low back pain.  Pretty sure it's a cyst...maybe a rupture or something with some old blood?  I don't know.  Scares the mess out of me!  i swear I have a Hershey bar melting inside of me!  rolleyes. Sorry so graphic.  But I think so many on here can relate.  How is the spotting?  And how are you feeling anxiety wise?  Any better?

• Posted

Hi,

When my spotting first occurred I too thought it was a ruptured cyst, but it  has now happened for the last 3 months, always starting when I'm ovulating, so I'm guessing it not a cyst... then again.

My spotting is pretty light, always like old blood.

I go through phases when I'm not stressed then I go to the loo, see blood and get stressed again!

I'm at the doctors again on Tuesday so I'm hoping he reassures me once and for all.

How long has your spotting being going on and does it occur mid cycle? 

Xx

• Posted

Usually I just spot a day or two  before my period starts and then up to 4 days after my period.  But this time it started day 20 of my cycle...and no red at all.  4th day now.  Never had that happen before.  Now I feel like I might be going to start my period.  I am not sure if it was ovulation related since this is the first time it happened.  I will have to see what happens.  Let me know what the doc says about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.