Spousal and friend support,do they understand?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think my husbands patience is wearing thin which doesnt help my anxiety. His looks of disaproval only makes me more anxious. He doesnt understand anxiety. My son also has anxiety and depression. Husband just figures a person should be able to just snap out of it. Its summer and I see why he is growing sick of my avoidance of doing things. But at the moment I cant help it. My so called best friend doesnt even call and my other friends barely hear a word i say,too busy with their own lives. Not finding much support. Im very disappointed as now I see the true nature of my not so good best friend. You truely find out who your support system is in times like this.Thank heavens for my 2 sons. How is it for you? Hopefully you have a good support system family and friend wise.Xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

This is so true. Support comes from those who can relate. My husband really tried with it, i have known him since i am 13 so he knew me a long time before all this happened to me. i think he gets scared by it. If you think about it it effects their lives very much and their own dreams of their future, i rarely discuss with it my husband ever. No point. Ill use some other excuse if it occurring. A part of me wonders if its a lack of compassion but i really know they truely have no clue the terror involved. Theres noway they can understand it or fix it so try not to judge it too much. My close friends are okay with it, i dont talk about it much, it does seem everyone is stressed though. Not the terror level but stressed and have their own situations. Its so prevelant where i live so many have some kind of anxiety going on. Im in NY i think its about 1 of every 4. Considering only half use meds and there about 250million  perscriptions out there 40 million benzo perscription theres a ton of people with issues.it is in the five prescriptions used. I use this forum honestly. It really helps a lot. And the spiritual motivational speaker books always make the top of the charts so it is common. I have a few friends who medicate and they still are anxious but better. But they just started a few years ago and one had depression so shes very pleased with the meds. You loose friends, mainly because the desire to go out goes away and drinking is out.an d when you are all anxious you dont want to hear anyone complainning abou stuff whilst your miserable. I know i pushed people away that im sure. Im introverted anyway so im okay with it.im so sorry about your best friend. Understand with your husband there is nothing he can do to fix you and a mans mind works differently overall. You have this forum anytime you need to vent or feel down or scared. You can send me messages i go on here daily ill try to lift your spirits. You arent alone at all. You know i have eyesues as well, similiar age range and get anxious at times with it and such. We all have to help each other. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your nice reply. Everything you said is so true. Thanks for being a friend on this forum. I appreciate it.
  • Posted

Lee - I think many of us may have experienced this. The main issue I had was the fact that Anxiety can be put under a Mental Health issue and once you say "Mental Health" people simply think of other things associated with it. But youy would be really surprised how many people can and will suffer from Anxiety in their life.

Talking to people is probably one of the most helpful things you can do for yourself and sites like this offer immense help even that someone close to you cant. Dont feel too down about others being busy. Maybe they dont know the extent of the issue you have? Many have the attitude that "just snap out of it" . If I may be honest before suffering from this - I had the same attitude. I couldnt understand how people could/would get depression or have attacks. Now....after having it - my entire thought process about this has changed.

• Posted

Thank you Jay for your response. My biggest let down is my friend of thirty years. What a let down. Very depressing to find someone you thought was your best friend has no time to even see if you are ok. Probably good to know. I need to realise who my true friends are and this has ben an eye opener.
  • Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.