Sprained ankles/ still swollen when walking & pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

iIsprained my ankle on holiday abroad in early May this year. It bruised really badly & was very swollen. I couldn't bare putting my foot on the ground at first but because we had booked a couple of trips I decided to carry on . I didn't see a Doctor. I did report the accident though. 8 weeks on my foot swells up if I walk on it & it aches. It feels crackly. I have seen the Doctor since I've been back she didn't think it was broken. It seems to be worse lately.

I would like to have an X-ray to just make sure.  Has anyone else had the same problem?

many thanks

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You definitely see a doctor and xray. If it's more than a sprain you could be doing more damage walking on it.

• Posted

If you're in the UK go to the a and e department of you're local hospital I think it needs a x-ray to rule out breaks or fractures good luck healing regards dawn

• Posted

Hi Louise, this sounds as if it is more than a sprain. Go have x-rays done asap. I have heard of people walking with a broken ankle for weeks before going to a doctor. You will definitely do more harm if it is broken and don't have it seen to . Please keep us posted on what the outcome is.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind reply. I wil keep you posted. I will see a Doctor & ask for an x Ray 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.