Sprained knee

Posted , 5 users are following.

I sprained my knee a little over 3 weeks ago. I have to wear a brace go to physical therapy. I also go to Cross Fit I was doing upper. My knee is still swollen. I get muscle spasms in my knee and I hear clicking every time I move my knee. On Friday we did bear crawls, star plank holds, legs over head for a min. We had to bend one knee on the other and do bridge ups etc. I just think it was a little too much.  Is it normal for my knee to feel this way? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie - I'd ask your doctor or physical therapist how much Cross Fit you should be doing until the sprain heals. I'd also check in with your doctor about the clicking. I would think the spasms would be somewhat expected, but I'd mention them to your doctor as well.

While I'm dealing with a TKR right now, I've had sprains in the past. In every case, I needed to hold off on any activity that would potentially aggravate it and find a different way to be active. 

In my case, I bike instead of do an elliptical machine right now, but I'm fine to work on upper body strength training as long as I'm seated.

I hope you heal quickly and feel better! 

• Posted

I did talk to my physical therapist about the clicking and spasms he said it was fine. Now every time I bend my knee it kills me.  It feels so tight. 
    • Posted

Hi Melanie

Plain and simple you are overdoing it

i wouldn't take any notice at all from

Your PT guy he obviously doesn't have a clue if you have sprained your knee to the point of agony you need total rest and a visit to your GP who can maybe arrange a x ray to see how much damage has been done

hopefully not to much good luck.

• Posted

No, it's not.  What does your orthopedic surgeon say after looking at your x-rays and MRI?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.