Spray bottles etc.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,  I have discovered pen sized spray bottles in my local pound/cheap shop which contained Hand sanitizer.  Three for a pound.  I emptied one and rinsed out with sterilized water then filled with small pinch of bicarb and more sterilized water.  I shortened the inside tube and voila....a handy purse sized not too heavy spray for cleaning on the move.  Just thought I would share as I am so pleased with it.  My handbag has got bigger and bigger with all the paraphinalia that we have to carry.  I have been downsizing everything to a small makeup bag.  I use small travel pots for  creams and potions. Honey, coconut oil, Epaderm and have managed to get hold of a small tube 30 g of Clob.  I carry the most empty tube I have at the time to save on weight.  Every little helps.  I have found that using disabled toilets in the uk means I can have access to a sink and somewhere to put everything if I need to use them or have a thorough clean up.  This can be so stressful in a small cubicle.  If you need a radar key they can be purchased on line.  I do not feel guilty for using them as I feel that this condition is something that makes it necessary and if we do not keep on top of treating it well it can be disabling.  Walking - ouch, sitting - ouch.  You know what I mean.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Great idea Chris, I am going to give it a go. Thanks xx
  • Posted

Very good kit you've decribed. I'm going to look for those mini hand sanitizers.
  • Posted

Hi Christy 

Thanks for the tip your so right about trying to downsize .My "shoulder bag"

could not the stuffing out of any weight lifter as I carry meds for another illness , pads for waterwork and other problems, medical papers so that if and when I go down (I have hm)where I can become semi paralysed at any time. Plus a pair of undies just in case! Plus photos of my family (small selection) plus phone, eye shadow, lipstick (big problem to use or not to use(OLp ) aswell ,paper hankies, keys, purse pen ,note paper .

im sure you get the picture! Maybe your inspirational tips will help me cut down but on what?

your right to use the disabled toilet, I need to use a stick now in case I go down and even I get mucky looks because I take so long in the loo!

Can you advice what u use on your lips for the sun as yet again my OLP and LP is flaring up with the heat.I already have white blisters on my lips (face lips) ,I daren't look down there yet but it's rubber ring time soon unless this improves .The doc says use Dermovate but I'm worried about using too much, the coconut oil melts and dribbles down the chin (nice look not!)

cheap lipsticks should have warning signs on them they contain so sorts odf deadly stuff .My mum used to call lipstick bug juice which oddly enough is very near to what they can out in at times.

daren't put in very high factor sensitive children's sun screen I've just bought aswell less I'd need a new shoulder blade 

• Posted

Have you tried using vaseline to keep your lips moisturised, I do not have LP on my lips, but use the Demovate as the doctor says.  There is a need to use this when you are having a flare up in the nether regions.  If you treat quickly then hopefully you can settle things quickly and get back to treating twice a week rather than daily, or even twice daily if necessary.  If you watch Dr Goldstein's webinair pinned on the first post in this forum you will see why you need to treat with Dermovate or Clobetasol regularly.  If you need help about LP then maybe someone on that forum could help you or if anyone else on this site suffers that too maybe they could offer advice.  I am relieved that I do not have LP at least not at the moment, although I have been investigated for marks in my mouth and had biopsies for white marks which I was informed were not inflamed enough at the time of biopsy to confirm LP. 

Do not feel guilty about using the disabled toilets.  They do not know your disability and you should not worry about what others think.  If anyone does feel brave enough to comment to me I tell them that my disability has nothing to do with them but my need is necessary and do not furnish any information about my condition.

The best way to downsize is to empty your bag completely and consider each item and how you could minimize it.  When I emptied my bag last time I discovered 3 packets of tissues, 3 pens, Two lipsticks and other items that really I did not need.  My bag is still heavy but not so much.

Hope you get on top of your LS and LP soon.  Take Care. x

• Posted

sorry I meant this for Yvonne x

• Posted

Thanks Chrisy,

Should it sting so much though? Thanks for your help and advice , your right .Its odd I forget to apply to myself at times the things I tell others.What you say reminds me Eleanor Rosveltes comment

You only feel inferior when you let people make you feel inferior .

I will try yet again at my handbag  and yes I e found 3lipsticks non I use at the moment because of the LS! But maybe 1is allowed in hope that I will use it again !

• Posted

I know some people say their ls/lp stings.  I am not sure.  Mine is sore but does not sting as long as I keep things moisturised down below.  I find a mouth wash called Gengigel has helped calm things down for me.  Expensive but worth every penny.  Some swill their mouth out with Coconut oil which might help but others say that stings. Bicarbonate of soda (a mild solution) just a pinch in a glass and used as a mouthwash should also help and shouldn't sting. We are all different though and you will have to use trial and error until you find what works for you.  Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.