Spreading skin rash

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've had a rash for 6 days now. They're small itchy dots that are on my inner arm, close to my armpit, on my armpit, and on my abdomen. The doctor told me it can be follicolitis, but the bumps are so small. Oh and I just got the itchy red bumps in my belly button. Could this be dermatitis?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Ohh I forgot to mention, I got the nexplanon implant last Wednesday. Could it be an allergic reaction to the implant?
    • Posted

Yes it can. Lots of people have allergic reactions to them and have to have them removed

• Posted

Itchy actually activates any kind of skin problem to get worse or activate a new skin irritation youve never had before. First thing i would do is completely stop scratching and i mean completely stop not even one little finger nail itch. No matter how bad and tempted just dont do it. Then i wouldnt apply nothing and just leave the rash alone, dont try to mess with it by adding creams and what not. Just let it be, if it gets worse, it gets worse but just wait it out. From my experience usually things get worse before better but in the end if you just wait it out all things just heal with time alone. 

I personally think your implant might be somewhat to the issue, but i wouldnt worry getting it removed, its just something your body needs toadaptt to , all our body can adabt to anything, doesnt matter what it is. 

Leave the rash alone, dont worry if it gets worse, just wait it out and see what it does and more and likely just with a lot of time and sunshine only the rash will always just go away naturally. 

• Posted

While it may be a reaction to the implant, it does sound like folliculitis which can happen anywhere you have hair on body but usually at sites where hair follicles are damaged by friction or shaving, or where there is blockage of the follicle.  Oatmeal bath or oatmeal soap can help with the itch. I had folliculitis from a hotel heated pool. It was pretty bad.  I was  given phisohex soap and Fusidic acid antibitoc cream and it went away fast. If you think it is an allergic reaction to implant, some benadryl oral or cream can help, but usually your immune system will adapt to it within a week, so removing it probably is not needed. 
  • Posted

You may have dermitisis and should call your doctor for dermatitis if:

a) you have oozing sores. The sores have formed a yellow-crust, red in color and you notice swelling.

b) have you been applying any counter creams or some medicated shampoos? If your skin has not responded well o any of these you shoud speak to your doctor about possible dermatitis. 

If you don't have these symptoms I don't think that you should be worried about possibility of dermatitis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.