Squeezing tightness in right side chest and throat for years

Posted , 2 users are following.

Ive been getting this periodic squeezing tightness in the center and right side of my chest and into my throat and sometimes on the right side of my back. I have been to the emergency room on a few occasions over the years and they have had me hooked up to the monitores ekg at the time im going thru this. They said it is not heart related. I have two adult children in their 40s that are going thru the same thing. The pressure starts out weak and gets stronger and lasts a couple minutes. Has anyone had this and have an answer to what this isnand why this is happening? I have acid reflux which gets better and worse throughout the years.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

what usually are you doing when you notice this? Is it after eating or when you haven’t eaten? Are you taking anything for the acid reflux?
    • Posted

Its not usually after I eat, sometimes in the day, evening, night. Cant figure it out. The ER doctor told me to put rolled up towels under the head of my bed. That seemed to work for a year, then it started all over again and its occuring now that Im have major Gerd and acid reflux problems. Going for and upper and lower gi on Friday. Im taking Zantac 150 twice a day. My stomach is always upset, gas and bloating issues. This Im able to resolve most of with digestive enzymes and probiotics. Ive rerolled the towels and it helped for a day only. Its a scary feeling that in if it were occuring on my left side It would most def feel like a heart problem,but I get this center and right side only. Thank you!
    • Posted

Maybe you could ask your doctor for something a bit stronger than Zantac. Is it affecting your heart rate at all? Do you have any other symptoms like with your breathing?
    • Posted

They doubled my zantac but I still got it going on. It has stopped the issue with gerd though. No, I dont have any breathing problems just the heaviness in the center of my chest when Im dealing with the acid.Thx
    • Posted

There are a couple of tests you can have done. Have you had an endoscopy? Or a CT scan? 
    • Posted

Im having an endoscopy this Thursday and I already had a CT Scan. Im hoping they can find something with the endoscopy. rolleyes

• Posted

Well good luck I hope it all goes well for you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.