SS test tmr for low cortisol

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all I have my SS test thro after being put off not afraid of injections but side effects x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I really don't know what SS test is for sure. Do you mean Short Stim test?

• Posted

Hi yes it's either called short synatchen test or Acth stimulation test over here

• Posted

have you got the results? I have had it twice in hospital near a doctor in case I had a bad reaction to the injection. My cortisol was low before and low, after the 30 minutes.

My endocrinologist since January mentioned that perhaps I should have the test again. Perhaps he was joking...

• Posted

I did not have any reaction nor did my partner but the test is done in a hospital with a doctor near in case there is a reaction; in some cases a doctor has to intervene.
    • Posted

Hi there had test done a few bloods and injection in arm felt a bit dizzy on stand f and quite tired now don't know how long before out if system but all done thank you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.