Ssp.

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi has anyone else been in this situation..... I have been off work since December 2018. and now my ssp is due to come to an end after 28 weeks. I also claim universal credit and I am in the limited capability for work and work related activity group. so the DWP have assessed me and said that I am unfit for work. I am continually getting my sicknotes from the doctor to give to work. Does anyone know if I resign from work would it affect any of my benefits as I have already been deemed unfit by the assessors. I do not want to go back to the company I work for as i feel i will just relapse and i am feeling a lot better just getting on with things in my own time. I'd just like it all resolving with work but not cause any stress with benefits and pay etc as it will just make me feel worse again. any help or information on this would be appreciated. thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You won't be sanctioned if you have good reason for handing in your notice. However, you really do need to speak to your employer and give Acas a ring before doing anything else.

Also, do be aware than any pay in lieu of notice and holiday pay that you receive if you do hand in your notice, will affect the amount of UC you receive for that assessment period.

• Posted

yeah that's what I thought. it's just stressful going the doctors all the time and I'm now at the point where my ssp is coming to an end. work asked me did I want to resign and I said no. I'm just a bit unsure what to do tbh. I dont know whether to just leave it and see what work do or try and resolve it all now through hr and ask them to finish me

• Posted

You really do need to get some expert advice before doing anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.