Ssri failures

Posted , 2 users are following.

has anyone had any success with noritriptylene for anxiety and depression when the newer drugs just makemthem feel worse?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Nope was horrendous gave me awful migraines & horrible dreams. They may not have the same side effects for you though so worth a try if your doc thinks it will help. I'm done with AD's now sick of trying new ones!

• Posted

Yes, it was just a stab in the dark. I am done with trying so many a.d.s over last years and all terrible effects for me.  I am left on diazepam for anxiety and a psych who doesnt care
  • Posted

I completely understand, it's not nice having your body go through all the side effects & withdrawals time after time. The last appointment I had my doctor told me I'd 'exhausted all options' so I'm pretty much done. Shouldn't be so difficult to get some help.  

• Posted

You sound like me, they have given up on us as the normal drug regimes do not work.   There is a thing called treatment resistant depression and i think thats what it must be.  I will have another go at talk therapy but having tried everything i am not sure it will help.   Did they ever offer you ECT?  Mine havent as i think you have to be completely debilitated to have that.  Do you think the private sector would be any better?
    • Posted

Exactly it's like if the first few things they throw at you don't work then you're tossed aside & left to fend for yourself. Nope mine never offered ECT just meds & therapy but neither worked for me.

I think most things are better when you go private you'd probably get alot more support & be given more options but metal health is so poorly treated worldwide I don't even know how much better going private would be

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.