ssri side effects advise please

Posted , 4 users are following.

Iv been on 150mg sertraline for 12 days now (5 months in total ) I feel a bit better with depression and anxiety not that I'm getting my hopes up. The problem is ....

I feel awake in a false Way, it's like my body is sleepy and my head is heavy but it's been propt up so to speak. I feel like my brain wants to sink but it's been held up.

I still feel a bit dizzy and no focus and hoping it passes. I keep squinting my eyes as my heads all fuzzy

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi how long have you been on sertraline?  12 days or 5 months?  I am on them too 150mg a day and find them very good and they work well for me.  They do make me feel a bit zombified though they are good for evening my mood out.  

The dizzy and no focus feeling will pass when the drug gets properly in your sytem.

I find side effects for me are nasty dreams,  feeling hot and a dry mouth,  I consider the trade off acceptable.   Give them 5/6 weeks and if they don't seem to agree with you then best to go back to your doctor.  Ok?  Bev x

• Posted

5 months but 12 days on the 150mg dose. I get dreams too and dry mouth. Maybe this I feel is zombie like it's like I'm not really here depersonalised to my surroundings but depression does that too Me so I'm hoping it's not the meds and the meds will fix it
    • Posted

All you can do is try them Rachel and see.  Often it's trial and error to see what suits you best.  I started off on prozac,  then mirtazapine until I finally settled on sertraline.   I started on 100 mg but they weren't cutting it so my dr increased it to 150 mg.  They certainly stop me getting so upset all the time and do lift my mood.    Bev x
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, I am on Sertraline but take 200mg yes I do really think that when they put them up you have different side effects to what you did before, I know I had more side effects when I went from 100mg to 150mg than when it went from 150 to 200mg I do believe they help, well it got me out of my dark tunnel, although I feel better I'm still not 100% but my body gets so used to anti depressions that they have to keep changing them every 3 - 6 months, which is really anoing as it takes time to come off them before you go on some new ones.

I think if you leave it another 2 weeks you will get the result of feeling better and probably get rid of the side-effects. Just keep with it, and believing that they will work and I really hope it will work for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.