SSRIs spaced out ???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Still spaced out numb feeling at just over 5weeks. Unsure if its the meds or my anxiety that's not going but I'm spaced out all the time sad will it pass? Xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Rachel

I've been in sertraline for 9 wks now 4 at 100mg and I'd say it's just starting to work so stuck with it.

My anxiety got worse before it got better. I had propranolol and diazepam from Dr to help me cope with side effects.

Good luck x

• Posted

They keep saying if I get to six weeks then I need increase. Scared. Tried. Feeling I want me back. Hate this. I love my family so so much yet I feel no joy sad
    • Posted

Aww dear me you sound so down😔

It's not easy and I don't know what to say to help except you are not alone in here.

My anxiety has not been bad the last few days as been away on holiday, with my daughter n hubby, but tonight my stomach is nervous again!! Why I do not know, I'm beginning to think I'm allergic to my life!!

I'm thinking a good old cry might relieve this nerves for me and a camomile tea!!

Hugs to you. X

• Posted

I know it's horrible and you feel like there is no light at the end of this dark tunnel but it does get better ! My anxiety went through the roof and would cry at the thought of having to leave the house but I would say after 7-8 weeks I see started to feel like myself again.

I'm back at work and feeling good !! Hang on in there this med does seem to take its time kicking in but it will ! Also the heightened anxiety ur feeling will give u physical symptoms like dizzy, sick, fuzzy and stuff like that. I know easier said then done but try not to worry so much let the meds get in your system.

For me it was a battle everyday waking up and feeling no better. But it was like one morning I woke up and things started to feel better. Really hope you feel better soon !! Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.