St. John warts for Lichen Planus?

Posted , 9 users are following.

I read it in this forum that someone tried St. John warts 600mg /day and it helps clear the LP

Anyone has more inputs ?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That guy's name was Greg. I talked with him. I think it will work. I haven't used it yet but i will. There is nothing you can lose. Only side effect that scares me St. John Warts is like SSRI drugs. So you can see ssri like side effects but they are temporary ( i saw on internet ) . If you will use please update post for news

• Posted

Hi I am on an antidepressant right now that is not working for depression. In Jan I am going to go off and try St Johns Wort for Lichen planus and depression. I will keep you up to date on my progress. Fingers crossed that it helps both! Anyone know a reputable brand of St. John’s Wort?
    • Posted

Julia i don't know if your depression related to lichen or not. But if it is, stop stress. It won't help you with Lichen and will make it worse. And you should stop chemical anti depressant drugs too. For St John Wartz you can look at amazon. Lots of brands out there

• Posted

Hello, I was wondering if you have update on St. John’s Worth for you Lichen Planus?
    • Posted

Hi Kimberly64728, Well I successfully weaned off the antidepressant. But my brain was so dysfunctional I could not handle it. So I took the docs advice and went back on a different antidepressant which has helped. I also found out that I have a methylation problem which I take certain vitamins for. So I still have OLP just as bad as before. Ugh! I think if I could find a functional medicine doctor they would be able to help. I watch so many podcasts from them and I believe they are on the right track! Sorry I can’t give you any feedback on St Johns Wort. 🙃 Hope you find some answers!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.