Stabbing ear pain anyone?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had a pretty hectic weekend trying to find a new home and today I'm paying the price. Awful hand and feet pain, feet and ankles are swollen and I'm exhausted. I've also had stabbing pain in my right ear, is this a fibro thing? I'm thinking it is and down to nerves in the area as I do get awful face and jaw pain. 

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

thats simply because you have been doing to much hun 

i know at times it cant be helped but unfortunatly we have to pay the price

are your ankles actuly swollen or feel like there swollen in most cases fibro folk say they feel swollen but arent. 

• Posted

Hi there, I know I've overdone it, I'm a typical mum, used to putting everyone else first! My ankles and feet are swollen yes. I do get swelling in my hands too, have been checked for RA recently but bloods were fine, so GP not looking into this any further. The joint pain apparently is to do with the ligaments in my hands and feet? Only diagnosed a fortnight ago so still reading loads and learning really. I will have a look for this oxylift though, it's definitely worth a bash, Thankyou for your reply, it's appreciated x
  • Posted

I have heard of face and jaw pain so it probably makes sense any other commemnts on this yet? I know I get where my ankes get bery swollen from a lot of work and the over exhausted from doing to much. Take care of yourself!
    • Posted

Hi again, yep I overdo it a fair bit. I try to listen to my body most of the time but life takes over and whammy it turns around and boots me up the backside. My own fault really, going to have to pay more attention!
    • Posted

Yes I have a hard time listening to my body also, but my husband has reminded me more and more of how important it is not to over due anything.Busybeemumof3 please take care of yourself!
  • Posted

Fibro things are puzzling and we don't know all that goes on with the basket of stuff gone wrong in our bodies....I believe this is so true.  So many have other issues too, so it's all mixed up in our bodies....

For general good health, I can't say enough about grape seed extract, powerful antioxidant.....sure does work to reduce get rid of edema.....honestly.   

• Posted

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I'm out to buy some grape seed extract tomorrow, I'll let you all know how I go with it. Thanks for ur suggestions and advice, I appreciate it. I'll get better at this as I go along, I suppose it's a constant learning curve. I'm still getting my head round it but definately did the right thing in joining the forum, everyone has been so helpful. Thankyou.
  • Posted

that is part of it too mate the throat swells as well
    • Posted

Hi Andrea, that's really interesting. In April months before my diagnosis I had a really bad time with swollen glands and my throat did feel swollen, tight swallowing, I had a tremor and other neuro symptoms so was sent to a Neurologist, he thought I had MS til my MRIs, evoked potentials and lumbar puncture all came back clear. It comes back now and again, almost as if I'm going to have a really cold with a sore throat buit never comes. Looks like another symptom I can chalk up to the fibromyalgia. Thanks for your reply, it's appreciated.
    • Posted

i get swollen glands a lot even if i just talk to much my ears and throat will ache like i am coming down with something then if i get a good nights sleeep for a few nights it goes away, yes i also sometimes have trouble swolling nothing to serious .yet!
    • Posted

More rest required I think. Chance would be a fine thing, just had 3 weeks of insomnia, have slept through last 2 nights, prob the meds. In bed now, hoping the esr pain doesn't wake me up, oh the joys! 
  • Posted

I get terrible face and jaw pain as I suffer with bruxism, the grinding of teeth. Which apparently is also common amongst fibromites, I tend not to grind but to clench my jaw tight whilst asleep. I have a night guard from the dentist which provides cushioning if I do clench but it actually keeps my mouth open, helps hugely! 

You can get your dentist to check for signs of bruxism next time you're there, your back teeth may be ground down, and see if they can provide you with a night guard too xx

• Posted

Hi, thanks I will mention this to my dentist. Hubby hasn't mentioned me grinding my teeth during my sleep but I'd be surprised if he could hear it over his snoring lol! Anything is worth a try though, thanks for the advice x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.