Stabbing pain in feet, probably something worse or anxiety ?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone, 

so I need your honest help. It might be a long post, but I will appreciate your answers. I found some good posts on this forum so I though I would check it out. 

I am 18 years old male, and I probably have hypochondria since the age 14. I fainted from hyperventilation at the age of 15. I thought I would stop worrying about my disease but I did not. I "had" all kinds of cancers. 

However, about 2 months ago, I developed a lump on my buttocks. I thought it was sarcoma. The lump went away obivously, so it was a bite or an ingrown hair. But since then, I keep getting this pins, stabbing pains in my foot, and stabbing in my leg, which sometimes can be felt on my pelvis. It was accompained by knee pain.  It started at the same day I was observing my buttocks for my sarcoma, I grabbing my foot a lot, so I can see the lump properly and also wear Nike Rosheruns (they have a bit higher sole). I am saying this, because maybe I damaged my nerve. I was mainly focused on the knee pain, as I thought I developed osterosarcoma of the knee, but I still felt the sensations in my foot. The funny thing is, they somehow got away for about week, when I went to our summerhouse, then went we went to our vacation for another week, and I only got occasional knee pain, but I think the foot was ok. Then I came back, and I started getting the sensations again (I wore the high nike shoes the whole vacation). I googled muscular dystrophy after, and thought it is my muscle getting weaker or something. I think these sensations got better again, as I was focused on another symptoms. Went to test my creatinine levels, and figured I could not have muscular dystrophy, but then I remembered there is still the ocassional knee pain and foot stabbing. I thought I would have osterosarcoma of the foot, knee of back. But today I figured these are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis, which hit me quite hard. The stabbs are the only symptom, but I do get dizzy sometimes when I stand up (The dizziness have been always though, even before the 3 years I fained - I had EEG done) The pain is weird though, I feel I honestly get it only, when I am not moving, and it gets better with movement (maybe because I forget about it ?) and I is always there when i remember it should be there. Yersterday I was focusing a lot if I feel it in the other foot too and slowly started feeling it there. Today I feel the stabbing there quite regulary (but still less than in the left one). I can still feel the stabbing in the whole left leg though. It goes through my thigh, sometimes calf, the knee pain is better but still there sometimes. I also started feeling little stabs in both arms today. 

Something about me: I spend a lot of time infornt of my computer, bad posture, workout (no weakness felt), wear shoes without any special inserts, sometimes go running. These infos might help with your diagnosis maybe. 

So I wonder guys, could these by anxiety, ms, cancer ? Mabe lyme disease because the lump I had was maybe an infected bite ? Sorry for the depressing post, whihc might be confusing, but I am depressed out of my mind. I waste a lot of time a day worrying about diseases. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Btw, I also tend have this weird stading posture,, dont know how to describe it, but I stand leaning towards the wall for example, with one leg relaxed and using the other leg for balance. I also dont strech much.
  • Posted

Hi, I think it's possible that you have caused an injury to your back, not serious but twisting may have caused s pressure on your sciatic nerve. I have Ms and I have spine problems. I'm responding to you because I recognised the stabbing pain description. You need a counsellor to help you with your anxiety. Are you on the spectrum? Consider counselling or hypnotherapy. You recognise you have s problem, you call it hypochondria but it sounds like anxiety and maybe related to childhood issues. Good luck

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, you have MS ? How are you doing ? I wish you good luck..

so you dont think I have it ? Sorry if it sounds selfish rolleyes

• Posted

Hi, yes I have MS but I'm ok about it, you don't need to apologise or day your selfish, we all have our journey and it's a different difficult for each of us, I understand your anxiety. Try not to be frightened of getting ill, you are young, you need to distract yourself. I wish I could sit and counsel you. See your Dr about counselling and learn to live without fear. I read something about how we choose our illnesses, I thought that was harsh but when I got my diagnosis it suddenly made sense. Don't choose ms or cancer, focus on the now and look up mindfulness. Have a good weekend ?

• Posted

Thank you smile for how long do you have it ? How do you feel right now ? Youu too, I wish you the best journey ♥.

Btw, I am interested a lot if spirituality (even though I still have problems with my stupid hypochondria) and stuff like that, the thing you said about choosing our illnesses really made me wonder, what was it ? smile

• Posted

You choose subconsciously. I'm a qualified hypnotherapist. Hypnotherapy helped my MS I believe in spiritual things too. I am an empath, you may be too.

I'm undiagnosed aspergers autistic spectrum. I have to go my battery is flat. Goodnight. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.