Stabbing pain in the top of my head

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

This is my first post.

I suffer with severe health anxiety.

Last night i ended up at a&e with chest pain & shortness of breath and had been waking multiple times in the night thinking i was stopping breathing. ECG BP & Oxygen all normal and i was supposed to wait for an xray and my blood results with the doctor but so many people were coming in i had to leave as i started to panic.

Anyway, i went & stayed at my parents and had a great nights sleep.

Driving home this morning i got a weird sensation in the top/crown of my head that lasted a few seconds, i have had these before but not in multiples. They have been happening all day and im back to being frightened all over again. Its like a sharp spike into my head.

Does anyone have any advice or reassurance? I will be ringing the doctors on Tuesday when they reopen for a couple of things (another main one is to get back on my anxiety medication!)

Im so scared im going to die n its just me n my little boy at home n i dont want him to find me/wake up to find me. Its really distressing me.

Thanks for reading

Jamie x

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello. I know it's been a couple of months since you posted this. Hope you are feeling much better. Did you ever find out what was causing this? And what has helped you? Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.