Stabbing pain post bunion surgery

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had my left foot bunion surgery in NOVEMBER 2018 which as healed fine so far. in January the right foot was operated on. two screws were put in each foot. I AM 6 week post op now and all was well, driving the car and walking further. Suddenly after twisting my foot slightly a sharp pain was felt at the site of the screws. That was a week ago and now the stabbing pain continues, even when my foot is up. I phoned the surgeon for a visit on FRIDAY. Even the slightest movement is very painful. Has anyone else had the same experience or know why this is happening. I feel the pain is worse than just post op. very frustrating. Any advice please.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

what did your dr say? I just had my right foot done february 12 , tomorrow is 3 weeks post op for me. i have stabbing pain every now in then under my foot where the nurve is. Have you taken any medicine to try and help the pain and does it help? if the pain isnt going away then i would go to the dr and tell him you want a set of x rays to make sure the screw or bone didnt pop out of place.

• Posted

i would call him and tell him u cant wait until friday, and honestly he should want to see you asap

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.