Stabbing pains in hands and feet - peripheral neuropathy?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia four years ago and take Nortriptyline to help with sleep and restless legs. However, I also have sharp, stabbing pains, specifically in my hands and feet that are getting worse. It's worse at night. I'm going to mention it to my GP, but is this also part of fibromyalgia? I wondered about peripheral neuropathy. I'm not diabetic. Does anyone else have this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cheetah, I think we have to learn to live with it I'm afraid. Yes I get stabbing pains, not just in my hands though. Different parts of body. My feet it's more like a nerve pain. I never know weather it's fibro. or Arthritis. Pain all over body but not at same time. It moves about as fast as it comes but never seems to go completely ever. God bless from Josephine.

• Posted

Could be arthritis in your feet I got gout which has given pain in all the foot even though my blood results showed no markers for inflammation.

• Posted

I also have fibromyalgia and have experienced the same things. I was explained to by my doctor that they’re all connected, which really sucks for us!

• Posted

Thank you all so much for your replies. Yes, I do get the pains in other parts of my body, Josephine, as you do, but the worst seem to be in my hands and feet. Sometimes it really makes me jump if I get a severe pain unexpectedly! And you're right, it moves fast and can be anywhere. I do have arthritis in many joints, deni1, including my feet, so that's another type of pain to deal with! However, as far as I know, I don't have gout. And you're right, kaynoel, it does suck. I think at the back of my mind I wondered that, if it was peripheral neuropathy, maybe there would be some magic cure. But probably not! Ah well. I will mention it to my GP the next time I see her, but, from what your doctor said, kaynoel, it's probably all the same thing. Take care, all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.