Stabbing/stinging pains constantly in hips

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone else get stabbing and stinging pains in both hips? Sometime they are sharp but other times they are dull and they come and go everyday all day long ? I've also started to get pain in the middle of my back at the top which is a dull ache but sometime comes with intense attacks of pains . I'm just wondering if anyone can relate . Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello...I've finally found people who understands and can express the way I feel, when I have a hard time just trying to think of words to describe what I'm going through.  

Yes, I too suffer from hip pain everyday in some type of form. I stand 6 and a half hours out of my 8 at work. So I know that's part of my problem but some days the pain is under the ball of my hip. Some days it's the sides of my hips. Another day it's the very top of my buttocks/lower back hip area. Bad days it's ALL the same. I take Cymbalta, muscle relaxers, and pain meds. which has made the pain more bearable. And I'm able to get some rest I must admit.  I can remember a lot of sleepless nights not being able to lay on one side for very long due to the hip pain. 

And yes I have currently started experiencing the deep sharp stabbing burning pain in the top middle part of my back neck area. But I have been under a lot of stress these pass few months. And I notice that pain when I'm exhausted. I just fight through it and pray for a lot of strength....I take long hot alcohol soaks and I also use the large icy hot pain patches  (even tho the kids say I smell funny ) on my hips at night. Hope you find some relief. 

MommeyWifey!!!! 

• Posted

Thanks for replying . I am on naproxen and paracetamol. It doesn't touch the pain. I have very widespread pain. Backpain sharp pains in my hips groin pain stinging and cramping all down my arms. Stomach pain ribs cage pain pain at the top of my chest in the middle pain at my back in the middle and to left left lung. I can't help but think I'm riddled with cancer which won't be helping but I've had loads of cts and mri and nothing ever gets found. I get really bad involuntary movements on a night too . I can't sleep without having a night cap with alcohol to take the edge of trying to get to sleep. :-(

• Posted

Hi. I'm so sorry to hear how bad you suffer. It seems so unfair to suffer and can't get a clear reason why or a cure. It frustrates me when the Dr. just gives me more prescriptions and not solutions.  I know there is still a lot to be learned about this horrible illness and if my suffering will help find a cure, so the next person won't suffer...... I'll continue to fight. It breaks my heart to hear anyone say they are in pain. 

Stay strong!!!!!!

• Posted

Thank-you for your kind words . I hope you are OK. I'm a strong person I believe I have to be for my children . 🙃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.