Stable/unstable angina not a clue. FED UP...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Back in May I spent 9 days in hospital due to chest pain. In the front the back, pain in my arm(left). Shortness of breath. Discharged with diagnosis in recorded(not sure what that means).

Appointment made for a myocardial perfusion stress test and a rest test. No results as yet.

Cardiologist did confirm to me that they are looking at 2 possible narrowed arteries on the right side of my heart. Last year I had a 98% blockage of the main L A D just before the branch. Had a stent fitted.

More recently I was admitted to hospital again with similar symptoms and treated as unstable angina. Medication altered.

Find my self using GTN spray more often than I would like.(4 To 6 times a day) .I have in the past refused to use it. I'm still working. Still no diagnosis. Still waiting. And still FED UP.

Oh . And when you leave hospital you get told to come back if pain attacks again. FED UP of going back . Also blood results and all other tests that they do come back normal.

Did I mention I'm

FED UP.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Discharged with diagnosis not recorded.
  • Posted

I can't offer any help but wanted to say just hang in there.

Obviously your symptoms have flumoxed the doctors and it sounds as if diagnosis will take some time.

• Posted

Just been to my doctors. Explained the situation like it's getting me down. Getting stressed about it. No support from work.

Worst of all not knowing what my latest results are.

• Posted

Dear jarrod1610 how old are you that might have some bearing on if you have another blockage in your heart artery but if the test say no then you might have prinzmetal's angina which I have and just coronary spasms but are still scary because it ruins your life and you never know if it's a heart attack or not I hate having it I have to deal with it and it has gotten a little better over the years

• Posted

Hi Diana.

I'm almost 47 years old. Big family history of heart problems.

I understand they(cardiologists) are looking at a possible 2 narrowed arteries on the right side.

Just getting me down now the effects on home life.work . Hobbies. Etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.